Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > slow
Click Here to Login

Conversation Between slow and papachaz
Showing Profile Comments 1 to 1 of 1
  1. papachaz
    03-24-2021 09:20 AM
    papachaz
    Hey Sir. I have a 2018 Cougar that has done this, bracket pulled off the wall. There is no plywood block or 'base' of any kind, my bracket was (note I said WAS) mounted straight to the wall. Out of 'warranty' of course, I have camping trip coming up, I don't want to cancel because this is sitting at repair shop.

I want to do this, but where to start? I have the manual, but all it says for 'pulley bracket loose or off' is replace or repair as needed. I am thinking I will need to completely relieve the tension that's on the cables first?

mine actually appears as if they just mounted this thing to the luan, it's too low to be attached to the top tubing across the slide, and too far in to be attached to the framing on the side. the tech at my dealer just said 'buy a bigger screw' but these are already 1/4" sheet metal screws, and no one local to me has what I'd need unless I go with a 5/16" lag bolt from the hardware store......

can you shoot me a message with any advice please?
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates in any way. Keystone RV® is a registered trademark of the Keystone RV Company.