Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > chuckster57
Click Here to Login

Conversation Between chuckster57 and Jseitz
Showing Profile Comments 1 to 1 of 1
  1. Jseitz
    07-24-2019 06:16 PM
    Jseitz
    Hi Chuck, I wanted to ask you a question that I thought didn't need a thread post. How much of the weight of the stuff in the front storage basement pass through of a fifth wheel goes to the pin weight? I don't have a 5ver but my neighbor does and he needs help..lol. Is there a rule of thumb on this or are there two many variables? My just bought a Grand Design 14000lb 5ver and pulling it with a Dodge 2500 Diesle. His door sticker says 1906 lb capacity. I know he is way over that and I finally convinced him to go to the scale to see for himself what the pin weight is. BTW the dealer told him the weight spec was 2000 and convicted him he was ok. Thanks and I appreciate and respect all the help you offer folks like me. Jim
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates in any way. Keystone RV® is a registered trademark of the Keystone RV Company.