PDA

View Full Version : your thoughts on Pirate Land?

Gr8fl_ed
06-08-2010, 08:32 PM
We are fixing to head to Pirate Land @ Myrtle Beach. Anyone got good, bad or uglies on this place?
I've read reviews, but usually the only people who post reviews had a very crappy experience from the get go. Most appeared to be uptight folks who brought it upon themselves and probably werent going to have a good time in the first place (sorry if this was any of yuns).
Any tips, tricks or other advice to make my long awaited vacation the most enjoyable at this place?

MightyMike
06-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Been to Lakewood and Pirateland for the past 13 years now. Only did P-land once. Wife/kids didn't really care for it, didn't seem top have the amenities they do at Lakewood. The sites are pretty crammed together, at least where we were. One of these years we are going to get over to Ocean Lakes. When you go, if you have a few minutes, you can stop in the office at the other campgrounds, and they'll give you a pass for an hour to let you drive around and check the place out if you want. Only place we couldn't do that was at the state park- wouldn't let us in unless we paid the daily fee.

kenn209
06-09-2010, 03:46 AM
We have friends that go to Ocean Lakes every spring break. They love it. They have driven trhough the others, but keep going back to OLs, We might join them next spring,

Gr8fl_ed
06-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Thanks everyone. We looked into Ocean Lakes, but went with pirateland since we were all taking small children. Thought they would enjoy it more. We have 5 families + 1 going in a convoy. 1 class A, 3 TT's, a nissian truck (they're renting a TT there), eleven young adults, 8 kids and one heck of haul from KY @ 3am! Should be a good time. A good friend of mine says "we do it for the stories we can tell!"

travelbugger
10-06-2011, 03:07 PM
This is a little late- but thought I would post for anyone else looking at Pirateland. My husband and I went there about a yr and a half ago and we liked it. We had alot of fun there and met great people. Also you can rent golf carts there, its along the beach, has a lazy river and pool and everyone was friendly. We didnt have kids but have a dog and friends met up with us there. It was during biker week and was pretty quiet "bike wise" in the campground. So anyways, dont discount this place, we liked it.
And I just wanted to post this dancing bannana. Lol :bdance:

Pajoder
11-09-2011, 08:09 AM
We've been going to Myrtle Beach Travel park for the last 5 years at least 4 times a year and will not change it. The location and convenience is great. Also the personnel and attention is excellent, even when I procrastinate and make late reservations, they assist me and accommodate us.
I know others campgrounds in the area are good, we've go in just to explore and can't compare.
Looking to go to the Outer Banks...any recommendations?

Happy Camping!!!