PDA

View Full Version : Draining water system

popup
06-07-2010, 06:43 PM
just recently purchased the rv but haven't found any valves to drain the water lines. Shouldnt they be drained along with the water heater

08 springdale 296 bhssr

hankpage
06-07-2010, 07:31 PM
Under the trailer there should be two short lengths of PEX tubing with white plastic caps. They are your low point drains. To winterize the trailer the water should be blown out with air or antifreeze pumped through after draining and by-passing the water heater. Draining by gravity is not enough. One tube by itself is the drain for the freshwater tank.

GBHRPS
06-08-2010, 12:45 PM
What Hank was saying is that there will be 3 drains under the unit. Two, side by side, are your hot and cold water low point drains. Somewhere else there will be another one all by itself. Its your fresh water holding tank drain. Good Luck!
Gene

cdevill
11-24-2010, 12:03 PM
I have a 2011 296 BHSSR and the 2 drains side by side are under where the outside shower is and the other is under the fresh tank, under the queen bed.

Retired_Jim
12-11-2010, 06:52 PM
I have the springdale which has it's 2 low Hot and cold water drains underneath upfront (passenger side) by the bedroom door. The single freshwater drain is underneath (driver side) right under the city water intake panel. hope this helps.

rwm1313
12-13-2010, 07:00 AM
If this is the case just push anti freeze through entire plumbing system using your campers water pump this will displace any water low points and air are not necessary I live in northern Vermont and winterize a couple hundred campers a year very rarely do use air or low points. The Sprindales plumbing system is very basic and a very easy one to winterize, good to practice on and hard to screw up.