PDA

View Full Version : Slide Out

ufg8r85
06-06-2010, 08:03 PM
I've got a new 2590BH and I like to know how things work "just in case" well I can't seem to find any info on he to bring the slide back in manually should I lose power, or the motor were to go. Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

Festus2
06-06-2010, 08:38 PM
On some Keystone models such as mine, there is an access to the slide motor and the manual crank located on the underbelly of your unit. Look for a small cutout - a "door with a flap" if you like. The flap is held in place with a plastic tie or screw. Open this flap and you should find the motor and a hex head which you attach a rachet and manually crank it in or out. YOU WILL NEED TO DISCONNECT THE WIRES FROM THE BATTERY BEFORE YOU START CRANKING OR YOU COULD BURN OUT THE SLIDE MOTOR.
Go to the Lippert website and download the manual for the slide that is specific to you.
Hope this helps.

Jim W
06-07-2010, 03:48 AM
I have included the Keystone web site for your review. Click on the link below and then click on Keystone customer service. There is a link that has videos for you to review. Click this link and there are several videos to review. The thrid one, is how to raise and lower the landing legs and how to open and close your slide without electrical power.
http://www.keystonerv.com/
Hope this helps?
JIM

ufg8r85
06-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Thanks,
I'll take a look next week when I pull her into the driveway. We're going to Long Point Park on the Indian RIver for four days! Then It's off to St Pete for the Miss Florida Pagaent, my niece is Miss Gainesville, and my daughter will be one of her princesses.