PDA

View Full Version : How do you get in the bunks? Help!

scoot
06-05-2010, 06:11 PM
OK please don't laugh. I am soooo new to this fifth wheel thing. We bought a Cougar 27 SAB. I am five foot tall. I can not reach ANY thing. My grand kids are not able to get on the top bunk, let alone me. I ask the sales person how we get on the top bunk? He said I don't know good question. Hmmmm Do they not provide a ladder? I bought a four step ladder but that would be hard to leave set up to get in and out. Ideas?

hankpage
06-05-2010, 06:20 PM
OK please don't laugh. I am soooo new to this fifth wheel thing. We bought a Cougar 27 SAB. I am five foot tall. I can not reach ANY thing. My grand kids are not able to get on the top bunk, let alone me. I ask the sales person how we get on the top bunk? He said I don't know good question. Hmmmm Do they not provide a ladder? I bought a four step ladder but that would be hard to leave set up to get in and out. Ideas?

I'm looking forward to someone with a BH answering this one. I would hope there should be a ladder that hooks on or something. :confused:

Festus2
06-05-2010, 06:56 PM
Unfortunately, most of today's 5th wheels are not designed for those who are vertically challenged. Items that are frequently used should, of course, be placed where they are fairly accessible and can be reached without a stool. You may have to use a small, light-weight stool for some things. I have seen ladders both home-made and commercially produced, that will enable short people to have better access to the bunks. I hope other members - some of our shorter ones (?)- will give you some ideas.