PDA

View Full Version : Just Saw Photos Of The 2014 Tundra

Bob Landry
02-18-2013, 05:35 AM
I just saw photos of the new Tundra that was released at the Chicago Auto Show and read a short blurb on the specs, and as a dedicated and devoted Tundra owner, I'm disappointed. The outside of the truck has been changed and the interior is really nice, but towing and payload capacities of the truck are unchanged, and that's why we buy a trucks. For a 7 Year design change cycle, Toyota could have done a lot better, IMO. The next time around, I'll probably take a serious look at the Ford F250 with the big gas engine.

f6bits
02-18-2013, 07:23 AM
The outside doesn't look that much different from current ones.

As for the capacities, perhaps now they're more accurate/realistic? What became of those standardized ratings people were talking about?

Bob Landry
02-18-2013, 07:50 AM
I agree. There are sone nice cosmetic changes exterior and interior, but the ratings are the same and an improvement there would be what moves me to buy a vehicle, not what shape the A/C vents are and how many cup holders it has. The capacities may be presented using new SAE system, but the actual numbers are the same and that seems to be just another way to massage the numbers to make some government stooge happy. I was told by my Toyota salesman that Toyota does a major rework every 7 years, and if this is it, they fell woefully short of the mark, IMHO.

Trinibob
08-06-2013, 06:56 PM
I had a brand new 07 LOVED it but sold it when I got a TT weigh in two heavy!
Hoping for a 3/4 Yoda... Now I have a F350 V10 AND I pull EVERYTHING!
COMMON TOYOTA!!