PDA

View Full Version : 2 plastic tubes leading from the undercarriage

jambull
05-24-2010, 01:46 PM
hi, we have a 2011 bullet 278 RLS ,there seems to be two plastic white tubes leading from the undercarriage. cannot see where they lead to or from , underbelly is enclosed. they are directly under the bathroom area, they do seem to have pink anti freeze residue in one of them . is this the fill area for winterization? sorry if this is a silly question ,newbie here ..:)

Jim W
05-24-2010, 01:59 PM
No, this is not a dumb question.
These are the low point drains to allow you to drain the water out of the system when you winterize the camper. You can open the lines up be removing the caps and letting everthing drain out. Then reinstall the caps after flushing the system of RV winterizing fluid and you are good to go.
Jim

SLIMSHADIE
05-24-2010, 02:15 PM
1 modification I did was got rid of the Flair-it unions with the cap and replaced them with a Flair-it shutoff. Now I can drain the water system pretty easy. I'll drain it if I know its going to sit for more than 2 weeks. Turn them open and open up the highest faucet, which would be for me the kitchen faucet. The Flair-it shutoffs is the same as the freshwater shutoff, at least on mine.:D

jambull
05-24-2010, 06:31 PM
thanks for the info and the modification, sounds like it makes it much easier to drain the system .one more mod to add to my list ...

winged one
06-01-2010, 08:49 AM
Can you give a link to those fittings? I am not having much luck.

SLIMSHADIE
06-01-2010, 10:21 AM
This is where I ordered mine. They are exacting like the stock fresh-water valve. They were easy to install also, they work like a compression fitting. I just unscrewed the top nut and took pliers to twist and pull off the union, slipped the new nut over the tube and pushed the new tee into the tube and tightened the nut. I used the old caps with the new tees just to keep dirt out of the valves. Which I thought ahead and ordered 1 for the fresh water. I just keep the caps finger snug. No cutting and no leaks. Sku 06880. With that fitting you could add a drain tube if you wanted too. The picture shows them with 2 nuts.:eek:

http://store.flairit.com/c-92-flair-it-valves.aspx

winged one
06-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Thanks much! :)

ktmracer
12-24-2010, 07:35 AM
1 modification I did was got rid of the Flair-it unions with the cap and replaced them with a Flair-it shutoff. Now I can drain the water system pretty easy. I'll drain it if I know its going to sit for more than 2 weeks. Turn them open and open up the highest faucet, which would be for me the kitchen faucet. The Flair-it shutoffs is the same as the freshwater shutoff, at least on mine.:D

I replaced the cap with 1/4 turn metal ball valves, the kind you can use as a replacement for the house valves to toilets/sinks etc. Did the same on the fresh water drain. Makes it really easy to drain, and they do turn much easier than the flair it valves.