PDA

View Full Version : No telephone Jacks

rocky4u
12-18-2012, 06:20 AM
Hi

I just purchase a 2013 Keystone Retreat,and there are no telephone jacks in trailer,Has anyone else had this problem.

Any suggestions on how to install a jack in this trailer,would appreciate any advise or help.

thanks
Rocky

SAABDOCTOR
12-18-2012, 07:45 AM
my 2003 had a phone jack and a phone. threw the phone out i am camping not working!!!:D but i think keystone believes that most have cell phones. can you install a phone line yes you can jacks and wire are available at radio shack home depot lowes etc. have fun:xmas3:

SteveC7010
12-18-2012, 08:20 AM
I just purchase a 2013 Keystone Retreat,and there are no telephone jacks in trailer,Has anyone else had this problem.

Any suggestions on how to install a jack in this trailer,would appreciate any advise or help.

I'd venture that you'd treat the unit just like a house and install the phone jack where you want it, and then run the wire to a convenient point to exit the trailer with a standard telco connection on the outside.

azlee56
12-18-2012, 08:27 AM
in my real house and in my 5th wheel there is a solid plate with a hole in back of it, this is so that if you want landlines you can do the wire through there. It has an opening that leads up to it (if you can find it). Do you have one of those? (both my places has two of them).

hankaye
12-18-2012, 09:20 AM
rocky4u, Howdy;

Welcome to the forum :)

AS far as the phone jacks go , most folks use the things as a place to
"get away from it all", Us fulltimers can and some do have a regular
landline in for fax, phone and a modem, cable tv, whatever.....
As was mentioned by SteveC7010, when he said;

"I'd venture that you'd treat the unit just like a house and install the phone jack
where you want it, and then run the wire to a convenient point to exit the
trailer with a standard telco connection on the outside."

That's basicly what I did at a previous location. I just ran a 50' phone wire
from the inside jack to the connection box, Phone Co. installers said that
was OK.
You should ask the Park management if it's allowed first, then you'll have to
make arrangements with the Phone Co.

Hope this helps...

hankaye

rocky4u
12-19-2012, 04:43 PM
Thanks a lot all you guys for your help,appreciate it.

Rocky4u