PDA

View Full Version : EGR Delete Modification

Fruth4Camp
11-26-2012, 06:20 PM
Dufrene4 -

Very nice looking truck and trailer(s) that you pull. I am interested in your thoughts and opinions on your EGR Delete modification. I have a '04 Excursion with the 6.0 diesel and have done just about every upgrade except the EGR Delete. Thinking about it - and would like any real comments you might have. Thanks!

Moderator's Note: Created new thread for this post - change of topic. Moved from "Let's See Your Tow Vehicle" thread.

hankpage
11-26-2012, 07:02 PM
I'm not sure who your post is directed towards ... Perhaps Dufrene4 in the "Let's see your tow vehicle " thread????

(You're right, Hank. See my note above. Sorry for the confusion.)

Htfiremedic
11-26-2012, 08:11 PM
EGR delete is bad. I researched it and ended up with the bulletproof EGR cooler and oil cooler. www.bullrtproofdiedelperfomance.com
I believe this can help!

sagebel
11-26-2012, 10:04 PM
Bulletproof makes good stuff. You will need tuning to delete the egr I believe. If you do decide to delete the egr, get a kit with a new up-pipe. I have two friends that had the ones that have a blocking plate on the up-pipe. Both leaked and they ended up installing the new up-pipe.

LittleJoe
11-28-2012, 06:35 AM
+1 on firemedics info. The main reason to delete the 6.0 was not for emmission reasons, but to get rid of the failure prone / engine destroying / factory egr cooler.

flybouy
11-28-2012, 07:19 AM
Dufrene4 -

Very nice looking truck and trailer(s) that you pull. I am interested in your thoughts and opinions on your EGR Delete modification. I have a '04 Excursion with the 6.0 diesel and have done just about every upgrade except the EGR Delete. Thinking about it - and would like any real comments you might have. Thanks!

Moderator's Note: Created new thread for this post - change of topic. Moved from "Let's See Your Tow Vehicle" thread.

I know links are a no no but check out http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php There are hundreds of posts concerning EGR deletes, tuners, etc. Anyone with a ford truck should take a look, lots of knowledgeable folks there.

Festus2
11-28-2012, 07:39 AM
I know links are a no no .

Flybouy -
Links such as the one that you used in your post are quite acceptable. As long as they are inserted to assist the poster by clarifying, explaining, or by providing additional information, these types of links are quite ok. :)

muddynoll
12-03-2012, 03:10 PM
I deleted the EGR cooler and up pipe on my 6.0 in october. I left the EGR valve in place and pluged in. We just got back from a ten day trip to Florida towing a 7,000 lb camper through the hills of west virginia. Coolant temps were close to 10 degrees cooler while towing after the delete and stayed more consistant. Check the site suggested above. Loads of info. Most will say to delete it if you can.

RVUSA
12-07-2012, 03:59 PM
EGR delete is bad. I researched it and ended up with the bulletproof EGR cooler and oil cooler. www.bullrtproofdiedelperfomance.com
I believe this can help!

Your link might need correcting. http://www.bulletproofdiesel.com/