PDA

View Full Version : Brown liquid on garage door

depping
04-16-2010, 07:31 AM
Every couple of days a watery brown liquid is leaking out of the rear garage door of my 2004 Cougar 301 BHS. I have attached a picture. I happens whether it rains or not. Any ideas where it is coming from? I have checked the obvious caulking and roof leaks. It is coming out of a weep hole on the bootom of the door.

K&Gs3400RL
04-16-2010, 01:58 PM
My guess is rusty water. not sure tho does it feel oily?

depping
04-18-2010, 11:51 AM
No, not oily. Is the door made of plywood wrapped in fiberglass? Could it be the plywood or glue? After I took the picture I wiped it up and two days later it came back again. It has not rained for over a week. Now the water evaporated leaving a brown residue where the puddle was.

linebiker
04-18-2010, 03:59 PM
I also have a brown looking stain, just saw it today. Washed rig last weekend, small amount of rain night before last. This is on awning attachment, substance in my case is waxy in texture and washed off with some dilute degreaser and water. Had to do lots of rinsing as brown stuff kept comming out from behiond bracket. I did find a dead wasp in awning arm (do they deposit wax like a honey bee?).

My first attempt at posting a picture hope it comes through. May not have anything to do with your situation but does look alike.

blarsony
06-23-2010, 04:03 AM
I have the exact same issue, but mine looks a lot more advanced. Best I can tell by examination is the interior plywood is degrading. I have a very soft soft just left of the bottom center of the door. I also had to replace 2 thumb locks as they were corroded. Did you ever get this resolved?

linebiker
06-23-2010, 11:06 AM
Mine is not as bad as it was but still have no known cause.

TDF5G
06-01-2012, 12:58 PM
On previous campers I've owned there were leaks (rain water) that ran inside and left the same brown stuff. It looks like tobacco juice. I think that is preservative that's in the walls. I would say that rain is getting inside your door and running through to the bottom. Probably should check the top of your door