PDA

View Full Version : Blue Switch Light

copiper
08-19-2012, 06:14 AM
Sorry about asking, but I did use the search function and didn't find an answer.

We just purchased a 2012 Sprinter 272 BHS, while doing a trial run in the driveway we were annoyed by the "bright" night lights that are on a couple of the switches, I know that they are there for convenience but we like sleeping in the dark and they are quite bright.

Any ideas other then putting tape over the center of the switch? Thanks and be gentle on my first question.

Festus2
08-19-2012, 07:05 AM
If one of the bright night lights that you are referring to is coming from your stereo, some members have removed the stereo and installed a switch to cut power to the unit, others have pulled the fuse and some have taped a cover of some sort over it. I'm not familiar with the other sources of light coming from the switches as our unit does not have these types.
There is a thread/post on putting in a cut-off switch for the stereo on the forum.

hankpage
08-19-2012, 07:17 AM
Keystone calls them "Easy Find" light switches but I have never seen them either. I don't think I would like them because of the constant battery drain. WHAT was Keystone thinking on this option???? I would ask dealer (if under warranty) to swap them for normal switches, if not, I would do the change myself ..... unless there is a way to turn them off. Let us know what your outcome is, Hank

copiper
08-19-2012, 11:21 AM
I have a list of things for the dealer, I will ask if I can change it out. The illuminated switch is a good thought but a bad idea to put in. Also, does anyone know of a Keystone parts website?

KanTC
08-20-2012, 07:36 PM
....... Also, does anyone know of a Keystone parts website?
There are websites & retail stores that sell replacement parts, but none are specifically for "Keystone" RV's.
The greater majority of components & parts are fairly common industry-wide, but if you need an item
specific to your Sprinter (for example: a matching cabinet door, or a certain couch cushion), then you'll
need to contact your dealer... Keystone typically doesn't sell directly to the public.