PDA

View Full Version : slide seals

Nick & Gia's Trailer
08-14-2012, 07:51 AM
I have noticed that the 3" rubber seal on my slides (right and left) that fold out when slide is out and in when slide is in are coming off. I was wondering what kind of adhesive should I use to put them back?

Any help would be appreciated.

Charlie B

Mistral
09-08-2012, 11:58 AM
Same for me. I was thinking of putting some metal screws. (inside seals) and the square rubber part outside are unglued from the rubber seal around the slide out.

Will be waiting for answers...

silver bullet 46
12-15-2012, 04:15 AM
I use 3M weather stripping ahhesive (Black).
For best results pull back the seal enough to gain access to the surfaces of the seal and trailer.
Use 3M adhesive promoter to clean these surfaces of old adhesive.
Coat the seal surface with adhesive and press into place.

Greysquirrel
12-22-2012, 06:33 AM
I second the use of the 3M adhesive to attach the seals but would suggest that when you move the slide out or in do in one motion, do not stop part way out and then change directions, that could be a possible reasons why the seals came loose, that is if you did that, if not I have no idea why they would come loose.

steven566
05-07-2013, 12:03 PM
I just bought a 2010 Keystone Passport with the kitchen/couch slide and noticed a draft this weekend. I looked under the couch and the bottom lip seal was dangling there. It looks fairly easy to get at the spot under the couch, under the sink is going to be a challenge. Any advice? I'll try the 3M adhesive.

Thanks,

Steve