PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Springdale Hot Water Heater

railsig
03-15-2010, 11:58 AM
I just bought a used 2007 Keystone Springdale 291 RKS RV and wandered why on the Hot water heater you they have put my electric element on/off switch at the water tank and not on the wall next to the gas on/off switch inside the camper.
Thanks
Any mods ideals welcome

hankpage
03-15-2010, 01:28 PM
Turning on the electric without water in the heater will instantly burn out the element. There also should be a hole in the switch to insert a pin to lock it for this reason. If you wish to leave this switch in the on position you can turn the electric element on and off at the circuit breaker but be sure the tank is full first. If you only have 30 amp service you may not be able to operate A/C and electric water heater at the same time. To put it in a few words .... It's a safety feature. ... Welcome to the forum, Hank

railsig
03-15-2010, 02:40 PM
Thanks Hank,
I understand the safety of the switch and the electronic's behind this feature, but my question was. Why do they not put a electric on/off switch in the camper like the gas on/off switch ? My friend has a Dutchman and his switches are both side by side. I would like to add a on/off switch in the camper would this be ok ? I would like to add on with a lite so you would see and remember that the electric is on the water heater.
Thanks again

Terrydactile
03-16-2010, 10:00 AM
Thanks Hank,
I understand the safety of the switch and the electronic's behind this feature, but my question was. Why do they not put a electric on/off switch in the camper like the gas on/off switch ? My friend has a Dutchman and his switches are both side by side. I would like to add a on/off switch in the camper would this be ok ? I would like to add on with a lite so you would see and remember that the electric is on the water heater.
Thanks again

Purchase a switch that lights up when its on and move it where ever you want. The problem is going to be fishing wires through or between the walls and/or ceiling. If you are not familiar with electrical circuits and wiring then your gonna need some help.