PDA

View Full Version : ideas for a stereo mod?

purcy
06-17-2012, 11:26 AM
I just purchased a 06 raptor 3310. I have to say I think Raptor is one of the best toyhaulers made! After looking at 20 or so in this price range nothing compared to the raptors. My only complaint is the stereo sucks. I'm fixing to order kicker km6200 to replace the 2 exterior speakers. Now I'm curious about what to do about the dvd/cd player. I don't know if has enough power to push the new outside speakers and the new ones I plan to put inside. Has anyone switched to something different? I've kind of thought about changing to a auto type head unit like the newer toyhaulers have in them, but I don't know what's involved as far as getting power to it and an amp. Thanks for any ideas.

purcy
06-17-2012, 11:30 AM
Oh and has anyone changed the tv to a flat screen? The tv location is horrible as well. We thought about putting a wall mount by the door or on the back wall by the garage.
Thanks again

smiller
06-17-2012, 11:31 AM
I think you're on the right track, replace the speakers first... the stock ones are absolute junk. After you have some high-quality speakers installed you can make a judgment as to whether you need to replace the head. You also might look into installing a powered subwoofer in the interior, that should eliminate any power issues as the stock Jensen unit should be adequate for mids and highs.

SmittysRV
06-21-2012, 08:14 PM
I ended up with an addition radio for my Raptor we purchased a few months back. Long story but when we took delivery the current one didn't work so they ordered me a new one. The bummer was, we had a trip planned before the new head unit was going to be available. I looked everywhere and found one and installed it. When the one came in at the dealer I asked if they could return it and credit me, NOT. I got denied. So I have this one I'm lookin to sell if you r interested. It will power all your speakers and a subwoofer. It also has USB for iPods iPhones and plays DVDs. Here r a few pics.

BMcCutcheon
06-23-2012, 07:17 AM
Can you send me the overall demensions of your Sony unit? I am looking to replace the Jensen in my Outback.

Thanks,
Bill

SmittysRV
06-23-2012, 11:01 AM
Can you send me the overall demensions of your Sony unit? I am looking to replace the Jensen in my Outback.

Thanks,
Bill

Amazon has some info on this unit. Here is what I found for dimensions.