PDA

View Full Version : U shapped dinette cushion placement

mickey1
06-15-2012, 07:29 AM
Does anybody know the arrangement for the u shapped cushions in the bed config on a Cougar Xlite 30RLS?

JRTJH
06-18-2012, 08:37 PM
Our Springdale has the U shaped dinette also. In ours, put the table down to bed height, leave the seat cushions where they are, and simply put the two outer wall back cushions on the table. Essentially, you only have to move 2 cushions, the outer wall back cushions. All the rest remain where they are used for dining. Hope yours are the same.....

mickey1
06-29-2012, 11:36 AM
I know that I can't be the only one out there that has a U shaped dinette.
Can anyone tell me how to place the cushions to make the table into a bed?
Each time that I do it, I have a cushion that will not fit into the 2" space at the back of the bed. Please help.

Thanks

f6bits
06-29-2012, 01:32 PM
Post a picture. JRTJH’s description is pretty much it, but I slide the rear bench backrest cushion to the front and put the two side cushions in the middle. This way the larger cushion holds the two smaller ones straight.

Here’s what JRTH describes:
http://www.keystone-passport.com/media/gallery/large/2300BH_dinette_bed900.jpg

dixonlaredo
07-22-2012, 08:50 PM
I have a 2011 Laredo 201TG and the cushions do not completely cover the table. It took forever, but I finally got someone at Keystone to answer my emails. they said there is just a gap. I see from the picture above that there aren't "corner" cushions like in the Laredo. I would love to know what engineer or designer thought it would be good to create cushions that leave a huge gap on what is supposed to be a bed.

f6bits
07-23-2012, 05:32 AM
If you mean “corner cushions” as in the curved backrest for the back corners, then mine (and probably the above picture) has them. You just need to toss them aside when using the dinette as a bed.

happytrails
07-24-2012, 10:30 AM
My 100lb son slept on our dinette "bed" twice and the edge on one side of the table is now FUBAR'd. You may want to find a way to reinforce the middle of the table. I was considering cutting some tubes to the right length and using that. I'm just not sure if they have to be "crimped" the same way as the factory ones are to fit in there. I guess they should fit, but may just be harder to get in there. I was very disappointed that the table couldn't hold my son at 100lb. Maybe he jumped/fell on it. Either way it should be noted that they are a bit fragile since they are just laminated particle board.

Just be careful and let your family/friends know it's a light duty bed!

dixonlaredo
07-26-2012, 09:05 PM
If you mean “corner cushions” as in the curved backrest for the back corners, then mine (and probably the above picture) has them. You just need to toss them aside when using the dinette as a bed.

We do toss aside the corner cushions, but the other cushions aren't enough to cover the table; which leaves a gap for the person sleeping on it to fall into. Just very poor design on Keystone's part.