PDA

View Full Version : Don't ever assume a person on here

azlee56
06-11-2012, 09:29 PM
Ok, I am laughing. I am new to this forum but I as I read I "think" I know someone. I am just laughing a gut laugh, that I saw festus as a 70 year old person. Now I don't know how old he is, but he isn't that old. I took it wayyyyyyyyy to serious I think.

He is a kick and def. not 70. my face is red.

Festus2
06-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Nope, ain't 70. Just ask Miss Kitty. She knows how old I is.

SAABDOCTOR
06-12-2012, 06:05 AM
YOU WANT OLD.... I WAS A WAITER AT THE LAST SUPPER!!:eek:

JRTJH
06-12-2012, 06:42 AM
You can tell how old a person is by the color of the socks worn with shorts.... The older one gets, the lighter the socks get. I saw a couple with white socks going into WalMart yesterday. Their daughter had gray socks and her son had black socks.... Hmmmmm and it used to be the hair color, then along came Clairol and Just for Men.....

What color socks do you wear, Festus????? :p

azlee56
06-12-2012, 06:44 AM
LOL, oh dear. I have always worn white socks. I have always been an older spirit then :-)))

azlee56
06-12-2012, 06:44 AM

Too funny. Did they tip you?

Jim & Kay
06-12-2012, 06:50 AM
Why do i a feeling this is going to be a GREAT THREAD !!!:party:

JRTJH
06-12-2012, 06:52 AM

My daughter tells me I made the sandals for the 3 wise men.... :(

geo
06-12-2012, 06:58 AM
As a geologist, I do believe that Festus2 is definitely younger than the majestic Canadian Cascade Mountains that grace the setting for Fraser Valley. He might be younger than the Grand Coulee and Dry Falls in Washington State. Hmmm, I might have to check on this latter comparison. We probably need a Carbon-14 sample for dating . . . . :D

Of course, myself, I'm older than dirt! "bouncey: I know that, JRTJH, 'cause I don't wear socks with my Teva sandals!

Ron

Festus2
06-12-2012, 07:02 AM
JRTJH -
FYI my sock colour is light brown. The color of my shorts? Well, that's none of your business! There are some things that I won't reveal on this forum although , for some reason, one member here seems to be interested in my age. At least she had the decency and good taste not to inquire about my sock and short color.
Geeeez - and I woke up to this? I'm headed back to bed! And you should do the same, Jim&Kay. And Geo? Get back to work!

azlee56
06-12-2012, 07:06 AM
LOL, a lady never asks questions she doesn't want to know the answer too....such as what is your shorts color!!!

no no no, I don't want to know that or if they are boxers either!!!! YIKES.;)

geo
06-12-2012, 07:06 AM
JRTJH -
And Geo? Get back to work!

Aw! Alright . . . back to the Argentine seismic . . . :(

Ron

Jim & Kay
06-12-2012, 07:17 AM
Festus, I'm having to much fun reading these post!!!!:thewave: What a great group we have here"bouncey: People have more fun than anybody:bfart:

hankaye
06-12-2012, 07:19 AM
Howdy All;

socks ?????????

shorts ????????

:eek:

hankaye

azlee56
06-12-2012, 07:20 AM
I tell ya, I really do type to festus like he is the one on gunsmoke, but what I haven't said that when I hear the country song, "Should have been a cowboy" I even bring up an image of our moderator.

He is sooooo gonna ban me yet.

Hi Festus!!! (I have my halo on)

btw, did you see I posted this in odds 'n ends to keep out of trouble? (giggle).

f6bits
06-12-2012, 07:45 AM
Oh, “Festus” was a character on Gunsmoke? Wasn’t that one of those black and white TV shows back in the ‘30s?

azlee56
06-12-2012, 08:30 AM
welllll, not the 30's! I never heard the radio version of it, but that was from 1952 to 1961 and the tv show was from 1955 to 1975. A bit of trivia for you though. Gunsmoke was the longest running live action show of 635 episodes of 20 years until tied with Law and Order except law and order had 456 episodes.

So just picture Fetus with six shooters!

f6bits
06-12-2012, 08:42 AM
That’s called moderatin’.

So just picture Fetus with six shooters!

EDIT: Uh…that’d be “Festus,” not “fetus.” I’m pretty sure they’re quite different.

SAABDOCTOR
06-12-2012, 08:47 AM
Did they tip me?Yep they said "don't bet on the camels" some one asked how long i have been fixing cars? been doin it since God was a lttle boy!!! my socks are white the hair is grey and the rest ain't none of your bbes wax ha ha!:eek:

hankpage
06-12-2012, 08:59 AM
Here at the Jersey Shore ... socks are for winter .... and on a personal note "I don't remember what color my hair was." ........... How would you translate Festus' age from metrics?????

azlee56
06-12-2012, 09:19 AM
hmmmmm. don't know but I do know horses and dogs ages:D. I tried to find out though but got to laughing at what google found when I typed it in.

geo
06-12-2012, 09:38 AM
How would you translate Festus' age from metrics?????

Hank -

I think one would have to divide by the square root of 3.

But that's just a guess. :D

Ron

Festus2
06-12-2012, 11:49 AM
Read this and don't believe a word of it....

I am always amazed how some folks have nothing better to do with their time than to poke fun at other people - in this case "me". Why is everyone so fascinated with my age? Apparently, some are so taken by it that they have stooped to trying to convert it to a metric equivalent and others have compared it to geological formations.

For a moment, I thought that one of my respected and esteemed fellow Moderators would distance himself from all this nonsense. But no, he couldn't resist to join the others in their verbal bullying. Should I be surprised? No.

Trying to look on the positive side of all his humiliation that I am being subjected to, it appears as though it is providing a laugh for some other members who stand idly by cheering on these bullies. So, in that sense I take heart in that I am making someone out there feel good.

I want "you all" to remember this. Canadians, both metric and non-metric, are a quiet, polite but a tough bunch. We are used to turning the other cheek - when we are wearing shorts that is. I have left no cheek unturned and; like my socks, my patience is wearing thin. So, what is a person left to do?

I could issue warnings to "you all" and if you don't cease and desist, ban you for a period of time for being disrespectful to a fellow member. Are you listening azlee56, Ron, Hank, John and your other cohorts? I could close the thread. On second thought not a good idea at all! :eek: :eek: Or I could say, "bring it on" but what would new members and others think about not only this thread but also the forum?. And this is an RV forum? Here we are --- 3 pages into a thread and not one mention of anything at all related to an RV! :dizzy:

Even though I am having a bad hair day, at least I do have hair - most of which is brown. Make fun of me - go ahead. I'm old enough to know better than to make fun of others and that we should show some respect to our elders. Now, to take my tongue out of my cheek.

PS -
Please don't take anything I said here seriously............ no one ever does.

I

JRTJH
06-12-2012, 11:53 AM
Hank -

I think one would have to divide by the square root of 3.

But that's just a guess. :D

Ron

Why by the square root of 3???? Oh I get it: Dog's ages, Horse's ages and "Festus' ages" Hmmmmm

Sorry Festus, the "devil made me do it" :) :banghead:

and... FTR: I NEVER asked what color anyone's shorts were..... Just socks <wink>

geo
06-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Now, I do believe I can speak for all of us, including a certain moderator, in saying that we all do respect and love you, Festus2! To try to smooth things over, I would dare say many of us are suffering from a form of "spring fever" - all of us are "raring to go and get out and camp"! I believe that a true compliment paid to you by azlee56 lit a spark of silliness and buffon camaraderie that proved too powerful for any to resist.

After all, even I have received some of Hankpage's humor:
http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6485
and I seem to remember, even yours!

And I have a feeling that you too need to have some relief from the everyday, and so I would like to believe maybe you might be presenting some mock feeling of being offended. I truly hope so, because I also believe that no one on this Forum would intentionally do anything to offend or hurt another Forum member. Besides, I'm jealous because my hair lost its natural hazel brown tint some 32 years ago!

But just in case, let me say that we all apologize if we have presented ourselves as bullies. No harm was intended and no olive oil was involved. :D

Ron

Festus2
06-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Geo -
You should know by now not to take anything I say too seriously, eh. What I wrote was in jest, eh. Offended? Certainly not, eh. Silliness and camaraderie, like chicken soup, are good for the soul. Now, stop apologizing and get back to your computers!

azlee56
06-12-2012, 12:31 PM
:eek:

WHEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW I was for sure I was being sent to the corner or the principles office!

shoot! now I brought my own memories of standing in the corner holding an apple to the wall with my nose (she was a mean teacher, but got the point across sniff sniff).

Hey I have to do something, I am fighting an automechanic guy that wants to charge me 1200.00 to change out my ac compressor on my buick. :banghead:

geo
06-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Geo -
You should know by now not to take anything I say too seriously, eh. What I wrote was in jest, eh. Offended? Certainly not, eh. Silliness and camaraderie, like chicken soup, is good for the soul. Now, stop apologizing and get back to your computers!

But did you divide your age by 1.732 to find out how old you would be in North America?

f6bits
06-12-2012, 02:50 PM
I’m *so* glad that I wasn’t mentioned by name in Festus’ naughty list.

But I’d have to say that this seems to be the appropriate forum since all the “odds” are in here and talking about turning the other cheek (the “ends”).

azlee56
06-12-2012, 03:03 PM
thought I better do this just to make sure we keep a bit of decency (snicker).

fifth wheel RV, fifth wheel rv, tow trailer, tow trailer,

fifth wheel RV, fifth wheel rv, tow trailer, tow trailer,

fifth wheel RV, fifth wheel rv, tow trailer, tow trailer

there!! :D

hankpage
06-12-2012, 03:32 PM
So Festus2 ... since I have been scolded .... I guess it's time for this cowboy to just ride away into the black and white sunset. ....... But I still don't understand how 55 down here turns into 88 up there ...... I'm almost afraid to cross the border and instantly turn REALLY old. :eek:

azlee56, Thanks for the idea so. ............. I'll end with a black water dump valve.

Festus2
06-12-2012, 06:40 PM
Hank -
It's really quite simple. 55 mph in the US is roughly 88 km/hr up here. The conversion for age is the exactly the same as changing mph to kph - multiply by 1.6. If, for example you are a 55 yr old in New Jersey, and came across the border to beautiful BC, you would be an 88 yr old. (55 x 1.6 = 88). If you are too young to qualify for your Old Age Pension in the US - or whatever you call it - then move north to Canada. Shall I make inquiries for you at our local Senior Care Facility?

2011 keystone
06-12-2012, 06:59 PM
So if i move to BC I can retire now??????????????
I wil be Packing in the am.
IF I stay here I will be working for at least 20 more years:banghead:

hankpage
06-12-2012, 07:11 PM
X 1.6 ........ better just get me a hospital bed and lots of prune juice.

I think we have solved the riddle of the "Fountain of Youth" and why so many Canadians come to Florida every winter. They get younger when they cross the border. :USA: :CF:

hankaye
06-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Howdy All;

I'll Not post any disparriaging remarks ...:rolleyes:
I'll Not post any disparriaging remarks ...

hankaye

PS. I was "LIMITED" to only 4 images... The missing 3 are there in 'sprit'

azlee56
06-13-2012, 05:33 AM
LOL the blackboard writings. Good thing it isn't a double black board. I'd forgotten that punishment of my youth.

hankpage
06-13-2012, 07:30 AM
LOL the blackboard writings. Good thing it isn't a double black board. I'd forgotten that punishment of my youth.

Memory Lane .......... I was told to sit behind the piano until I was ready to not disrupt the class ........ needless to say, the janitor found me there while my mother was franticly searching all over town. Today, the teacher would be fired and the school sued. I was made to apologize to the teacher and I don't think I could sit down for a week. Come to think of it .... I think I made a comment about how old the teacher was. "Déjàvu, all over again."

azlee56
06-13-2012, 08:30 AM
HA!! yeap, back to the age (snicker) old question. You are right the school would be so busted now. Back then if you did something like that not only did you have to apologize, your parents were so worked up that the punishment became about triple because "you just didn't stop and think". Worked for me, I learned it was easier to think first. If I decided to do it anyway then whatever it was must be bigger then the punishment. It was kind of hard to punishment, it was ok that is fine and I'd be happy anyway.

hankpage
06-13-2012, 09:25 AM
azlee56, I am glad you learned your lesson .... I apparently did not. :D

chuck&gail
06-13-2012, 01:22 PM
I just don't get the bit about socks. If you're wearing proper western boots, nobody can SEE your socks. Puts an end to pairing up socks from the dryer also.

This is about RVing, cause I wear boots when driving.

Festus2
06-13-2012, 01:32 PM
Chuck -
To put your mind at rest, this thread has nothing to do with RVing whatsover. If someone were to start reading this thread from the beginning, it is easy to understand why they might say, "I don't get it about the socks." :confused:
The thread started off as a joke and went in all directions from there.
It just so happens that some members, including myself, became quite zany and everything that is in here is, well, "just plain silly". Just a group of crazies having a bit of fun. :D
Those who took part in this silliness are all suffering from a severe case of cabin fever. :dizzy:

azlee56
06-13-2012, 01:36 PM
"bouncey::p Yeah but now we know he wears boots with unmatched socks so we will never know his age. And he knows how to tie in a joke with RV stuff. Well done!

I am still not asking about shorts though. (I hate getting visuals! :jester:)

I am the sane one! (snort)

f6bits
06-13-2012, 01:42 PM
The thread started off as a joke and went in all directions from there.

Nope, I’m pretty sure it only went downhill. :yes:

JRTJH
06-13-2012, 01:43 PM
I have a lodge brother who always ALWAYS wears cowboy boots. In fact, his wife has a picture on their mantle of them on their honeymoon in BIloxi, MS. They are hand in hand walking across the highway from the motel to the beach and he's in his cowboy boots, 10 gallon hat and a bathing suit. She, being properly dressed is in her "beach robe" carrying the towels and beach bag.

When Chuck said what he did about only driving in cowboy boots, I immediately thought how he'd look at the campground pool relaxing in the sun..... Hmmmmm like azlee56, maybe that's not a visual we'd want to see..... :D

azlee56
06-13-2012, 02:27 PM
hahaha. Drs would appreciate the way he protected his skin and his socks. (hat to shade/boots to hide em).

I decided I was going to snag one thing said on this thread for my signature line "just ride away into the black and white sunset". Can I, can I???

That night as I was laying down to go to sleep I told the BF "we say sleep tight as we ride away in the black and white sunset" He said looked at me with this look and started laughing. I said welllllllllllllllll, I stole it from a guy on the forum. He said I was crazy (boohooo)

azlee56
06-13-2012, 08:32 PM
He didn't object, so I have my new signature. I love it!

fla-gypsy
06-16-2012, 03:55 PM
Hmmm, what does it mean if you don't wear socks??

f6bits
06-16-2012, 03:59 PM
It means you’re dead. Just like Paul.
http://www.ispauldead.com/552.html

Hmmm, what does it mean if you don't wear socks??

volvosweetie
06-25-2012, 06:32 AM
Well I think that Festus2, is just wise beyond his young years. So to some it might seem he is alot older. It just means he payed attention to the older, wiser people he knew. (hey I am trying to earn brownie points because I may need some more rv adivce) LOL. I just love to read the forums especially when you all get to be silly. It is nice that no one gets offended. My husband and kids do this all the time at home and especially when camping. It makes life alot easier. Keep it coming guys.(tx)

snow
06-25-2012, 10:45 AM
Fetus has already aged a year by the time he read all the post🎂🎈🎈🎆🎅

SAABDOCTOR
06-25-2012, 11:17 AM
WAIT if you don't wear socks? your one of two things a yuppie! or retired and live in Fl. age well lets say i have a shirt that says in dog years i am dead!!!!:cool:

azlee56
06-25-2012, 12:25 PM
LOL. I am so glad this thread is still going. I was trying to think up something to the no socks!

EarsMarie
07-14-2012, 10:42 AM
I'm new, today, to this forum, and I'm loving it!!!
All you Super, Senior Moderators must have met up somewhere on your "Happy Trails" and if not, it's time for a PARTY!!!!!!!! You guys would be a HOOT to be with.

Festus2
07-14-2012, 10:51 AM
Doug & Donna -
:party: I like the way you think. And no, the Moderators, aka Super Moderators, have never met up but it sounds like a plan. I know Hankpage likes to party and apparently you do too so ...... where and when? :party: I'll be sure to wear shorts and white socks --- just for azlee.

EarsMarie
07-20-2012, 02:18 PM
Festus2
We're going on our first trip this weekend then heading to NJ the first part of August.
NC to Dallas in October....by way of Atlanta, BIrmingham, Shreveport, then the BIG D.
Any towns fit with the group to meet up?

golfpro
07-22-2012, 04:16 PM
SAABDOCTOR, I am your father

azlee56
07-22-2012, 05:21 PM
LOL, now people are adopted....and wear the socks! I saw this earlier in the week but couldn't respond.

Thanks sixshooter Fetus!!

azlee56
07-22-2012, 05:22 PM
ummm, noticed I still am not asking about shorts..the unders or the overs. LOL

SAABDOCTOR
07-23-2012, 05:06 AM
Holy Flarp!! just found out i have another father and he plays golf too!:D

hankaye
07-23-2012, 06:17 AM
Howdy All;

Shorts ???????

hankaye

azlee56
07-23-2012, 06:20 AM
start at the first of the thread. LOL But yes shorts...age, socks. (grin)

hankpage
07-23-2012, 07:22 AM
azlee56, I think "The other Hank" knows "what" shorts are .... he just wants to know what they're for. "bouncey:

Outbackmel
07-23-2012, 09:38 AM
Very dangerous situation...rednecks tried to wrestle me to the ground and drag me to a pond to "throw dem gators bak in d water"...hey banjo picker, dem b my feets not gators...whoa boys...no more tall necks b4 7am, ya'll hear? :D

Guess I'll be wearing my Gator socks inside my rubber boots next trip to Walmart...

hankpage
07-23-2012, 10:19 AM
Very dangerous situation...rednecks tried to wrestle me to the ground and drag me to a pond to "throw dem gators bak in d water"...hey banjo picker, dem b my feets not gators...whoa boys...no more tall necks b4 7am, ya'll hear? :D

Guess I'll be wearing my Gator socks inside my rubber boots next trip to Walmart...

Dem Dawgs don't like dem Gators none. :hpyclp: Go to Walmart in-cog- neeto!

azlee56
07-23-2012, 01:57 PM
azlee56, I think "The other Hank" knows "what" shorts are .... he just wants to know what they're for. "bouncey:

ummmm, well.......ummmm.

:o

"bouncey:

SAABDOCTOR
07-24-2012, 04:36 AM
Shorts hum... Well with out shorts we would not have electrical problems:yawn:all ways wanted to know how long is a short circut:banghead:too many weeks without a well at my house starting to have an effect on whats left of my brain.:D:D

azlee56
07-24-2012, 04:40 AM
Get that well fixed! How can you have fresh water to the RV (keeping it rv oriented lol).

I admit I hadn't thought of those kinds of shorts, and the older I get I could cause them. Yes I could.