PDA

View Full Version : Help!! 2010 Cougar Xlite Fifth Wheel Refrigerator Problem

bacardibob
06-09-2012, 06:23 PM
Hello,

My refrigerator in my unit won't get cold. Freezer portion works fine. What am i doing wrong???

chuck&gail
06-09-2012, 06:59 PM
How long did you wait? Many take overnight to get cold when taken out of storage.

Festus2
06-09-2012, 08:03 PM
As Chuck pointed out in his above post, it will take several hours before the frig section becomes cold. The best results are seen if you turn your fridge on the day/night before and by the next day, it should be cold.
It also helps if the food you put into the fridge has also been cooled beforehand.

Not sure what make or model fridge you have but many Dometic fridges have a sliding temperature control. If you look towards the back of the top shelf, you should see a number of aluminum fins going across the back of the fridge. On the right of these fins, there is a slider that moves up and down which acts to control the temperature inside the fridge.

You might also get a fridge thermometer and leave it inside so you can check the interior temperature which will give you an idea whether you need to move the slider up or down.
If leaving your fridge on overnight doesn't bring about a decrease in temperature, then you will have to look at further troubleshooting. Try this first and let us know how it turns out.