PDA

View Full Version : Leak???

hoser43
05-30-2012, 10:13 AM
Went out for Memorial weekend and found when arriving at camp site the lock on outside shower door had completely fallen out so the door wouldn't stay closed. No biggy I thought, before we leave I'll ductape it shut so the wind doesn't tear it off. Getting ready to leave my wife says that there is water under the sink in bathroom. My first thought was great, sink is leaking. Lookiing underneath I find that everthing under sink is wet. Doors, sink bottom, walls. Looking out where the water lines go to outside shower I can see straight through to the bushes. The humid outside air came in through this opening and condensed on the surfaces inside the sink cabinet, as we like to keep in very cool inside. With the little door outside shut this may or may not have happened but there is now expanding foam taking up this space. I need to look at other places to make sure this isn't happening as it could be somewhere that is not where you would see it untill it rotted the wood away. Anybody else have any feedback on where else to look ???

Goat815
05-30-2012, 07:12 PM
I have an 05' rapter and under the sink is a hole to run the plumbing and some wiring, the hole is about twice the size it needs to so I took a flat piece of sheet metal and cut it to form over the open space and sealed, only spot I have noticed so far but now I'm going to check my out side shower.

Thanks and good luck.

KenBob
05-31-2012, 05:11 AM
I like to check out the plumbing and electrical on what I can access. This includes water heater, pump, power converter, etc. so if there is any future issues, I know how to get to them. If there is anything that I don't like, I can fix, change, redo at that time. It is part of familiarizing myself with the RV. (Must be a result of taking stuff apart to see how it worked when I was a kid!)

You would think that Keystone would have their quality control fixed by the 2112 model year!!!:D