PDA

View Full Version : How do I empty fresh water tank faster?

BigRedXLT
02-03-2010, 07:22 PM
I have a Cougar 294RLS & in order to empty the fresh water tank when we get home, I have undo the water line caps on the street side of the coach and turn on the water pump. There seems like there should be a faster drain line, but I can't find it.

2005 Cougar 294RLS
2005 Ford F250 SRW 4x4 CC 6.0

Festus2
02-03-2010, 07:52 PM
On our 2008 28RKS 5th, there is a spigot located at the base of the FW tank which I turn to the open position when I want to speed up draining the FW tank. The spigot protrudes from the plastic underbelly. Our FW tank is located at the rear of the unit and the spigot is pretty much in the center from L to R. It does take some time to empty but if you open it when you pull into your driveway as soon as you get home, it will be empty by the time you unpack the rest of your gear. A good idea to close it before you fill it up and drive away again!

hankpage
02-03-2010, 07:53 PM
My '07 290RKS has a drain directly under the fresh water tank. It is PEX 1/2" tubing and has the same type cap as the hot and cold low point drains.

bnovi
06-09-2010, 06:08 PM
I usually open up the bath tub cold water faucet as I am packing up the camper to leave the campground. It will put the gray water into your tank, and then just dump it at the dump station when you leave. Much faster than waitin for it to drain by an outside small spicket. Just make sure you are done needing water.

Stargazer
06-10-2010, 10:26 AM
Is there a problem with draining the fresh water while your driving on the road? I hope not because what I do sometimes is open the drain when we're packing up and then I drive off--oops?

tampacamper
06-10-2010, 10:36 AM
Is there a problem with draining the fresh water while your driving on the road? I hope not because what I do sometimes is open the drain when we're packing up and then I drive off--oops?

No problem,As long as I'm not behind you on the road :D

hankpage
06-10-2010, 03:02 PM
I left Fla. one year in March and thought the tank was empty. When I stopped for fuel in Va. I had a ten pound block of ice on the side of my trailer. :eek: (The drain on that trailer was on the side.) Since that time I make sure the valve is closed or I wait till I'm home to drain it.

Heidaway
06-25-2010, 11:54 AM

In California, you can get a ticket if any fluid is leaking from your holding tanks. Fines start at $1000. I was told by Highway Patrol, that includes the fresh water.

floydsheating
07-05-2010, 09:54 PM

AH! thats creative! :D :D :D but i actually replaced my spigot on my 2010 summerland 2520 RD with some 3/4 inch PVC and a shutoff from lowes and its not so close to the road as itt was and it drains a whole lot quicker!