PDA

View Full Version : Question on doors of Bullet...

texasAUtiger
05-29-2012, 07:27 AM
we spent several hours looking at the Bullets yesterday. We are pretty sure we want the 281BH.

A question we didn't think to ask the salesman until we were on our way back home: do the doors open more than 90 degrees? All the models we looked at yesterday, the door only opened to 90 degrees. I assumed they had it set to do that.

Could anyone clarify? Thanks!

ams
05-29-2012, 08:20 AM
The shocks stop the door at 90, so you would need to disconnect them. It is handy to have the shock on, no connecting a latch to hold open

Zeb
05-29-2012, 04:18 PM
We also have the shock that keeps the door at 90 degrees on our Passport 2910. Main reason it is there is beacause if not, the door would hit the awening arm. The shock is practicle for when your going in and out often, but when we are put and in the TT, I hate not having a full view out of the door. I've checked and the shock comes off real easy (10 seconds with a flat head screwdriver) so I will be installing a latch ( between 7" and 12", depending what I find) so I can leave the door open as far as possible without hitting the awening arm.

...I want my cake and eat it too!!! :D

KanTC
05-29-2012, 09:00 PM
Here's another thread about the same topic... may offer additional info.

http://keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2907

Terri, the co-pilot :)