PDA

View Full Version : Passport 245RB UL trip report

campdog
05-28-2012, 08:52 AM
Hello All,

Just completed second trip out west (21 days)from central Arkansas to ID, MT, SD. The electric water Heater quit working again shortly after leaving home. Gas worked ok.
While camped in driveway in Idaho, the "made in India" LP regulator failed and leaked out a whole tank of propane, leak was internal to regulator. Replaced regulator and hoses.
While in Montana in a CG the refer failed on 120vac was able to shift to gas and worked great all the way home. Probably need to replace 120v heat element but haven't checked it out yet.
Left Custer, SD Thursday morning and it was 37 deg and raining. Got home Saturday afternoon and it got up to 99 deg on my outside thermometer. Wish I could of stayed in South Dakota longer.

Campdog

hankaye
05-28-2012, 08:59 AM
campdog, Howdy;

Did you check the fuses in the control box for the 120vac part of the fridge?

hankaye

campdog
05-28-2012, 12:06 PM
Hello hankaye,

Yep I checked the fuses but haven't had time to do a detailed troubleshooting yet.
Worked when I selected gas mode and then the next day I placed it in auto and unplugged the 120v supply and it switched to gas and worked just fine except too cold. had to keep adjusting temp down until finally got set right. I'll get out my multimeter and dive into it in a couple of days. Will post results here. Thanks.

Campdog