PDA

View Full Version : New premier 22rbpr

chartrand
05-24-2012, 06:08 PM
I noticed that there is a new trailer on the premier line for 2013. Looks like a nice upgrade from the 19fbpr and this one includes the outdoor kitchen, sweet! I believe this baby is going to be my first travel trailer.

Pat

gregrc75
05-31-2012, 04:59 PM
Nice to see a TT with an outdoor kitchen without bunks!

f6bits
05-31-2012, 05:48 PM
Great setup! I fantastic quick ’n easy getaway for a couple. Too bad there aren’t any specs on it yet.

AlCorr
06-01-2012, 02:40 AM
"bouncey:Looks like a nice unit."bouncey:

fishin technician
06-04-2012, 05:07 AM
Looks nice, hope I don't get buyers' remorse. Happy with my 19FBPR and towing with a mid size pickup. If it weighs the same, I'll be in tears lol. Really wanted an outdoor kitchen.

DnD
06-12-2012, 09:50 AM
Hi all.

We are considering this TT as well. How long do you think it will take Keystone to start producing these?

Looks perfect for the bride and I for weekend get aways. She is really excited about the outside kitchen.

I called my local dealer (Lazydays Tucson) and they don't know anything about them yet and don't have any on order. I ran searches and could only find 1 dealership who even has one on order, so no help there (pics, specs etc). I am reticent to order one without at least looking at a model first.

I have a 2011 Ram 1500 Laramie QC w/5.7 Hemi, so I know there won't be any issues with pulling this but would still like to know what the specs are.

Any thoughts?

Smiggle
07-07-2012, 05:28 PM
We ordered one yesterday, after looking and looking and looking. They expect it to be delivered in three weeks. Very excited! Our first travel trailer in 20 years....

chartrand
07-08-2012, 05:02 PM
So when you take delivery of this unit maybe you can share some pictures of it for us? My guess is that yours might be the first unit off the line and the one they use to gather all the specs. We may even see your TT's Pictures on the Keystone web site.:)

Bullet150
07-09-2012, 01:18 AM
Looks nice, hope I don't get buyers' remorse. Happy with my 19FBPR and towing with a mid size pickup. If it weighs the same, I'll be in tears lol. Really wanted an outdoor kitchen.

Ditto, We just bought a Bullet 215RBS we are very happy with, but we always cook outside, oh well might have to trade up

Smiggle
07-11-2012, 03:46 PM
I will post pics when we take delivery. Rving has changed so much since we last went so I have been reading all of the great tips on this board.

Smiggle
08-07-2012, 10:45 AM
We took delivery of our new travel trailer yesterday. I have been stocking it today in preparation for our first trip this weekend to Jim Thorpe.

We are semi-retired,and plan to take it to Yellowstone next summer. In the meantime, we'll be practicing on shorter trips.

I am going to attempt to upload some pictures to show you its features. We'd looked at the 19 ft premier; this has an outdoor kitchen, a tub/shower,and a tv wall separating the bed from the kitchen area. Other than that, it's very similar.

We were able to squeeze a queen mattress from the house in the sleeping area to replace the mattress.

Looking forward to getting to know this unit.

Smiggle
08-07-2012, 11:23 AM
We brought her home yesterday, and are getting ready for the first trip.

Here are some pics:

chartrand
08-07-2012, 03:26 PM
.wow!!! What a sweet trailer. Your going to really enjoy camping in that. I must say I'm very jealous.

chartrand
08-07-2012, 03:27 PM
The queen you squeezed in was a full queen size bed and not the rv queen?

snow
08-07-2012, 05:31 PM
The layout looks just like my 31bhpr yous looks varrrry nice just wondering how the bed worked ,that's about the only con I have on my unit could be 6" longer but I don't think it will fit ?? ⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄

Smiggle
08-08-2012, 04:11 AM
Yes, the bed is a regular queen bed from our house. It was easier than I thought it would be -- of course,the credit goes to hubby who has mastered the art of moving mattresses after yearly moves with our daughters.

fishin technician
09-06-2012, 05:58 AM
Looks very nice!

PremierPullin'
09-22-2012, 08:08 PM
I'm glad to hear that a regular queen size mattress will work. We've had our 22rb for about 3 weeks now and have yet to drag it anywhere. It's a pretty neat trailer. A little bit easier to haul than the 39' 5th wheel we downsized from!!

Smiggle
09-24-2012, 06:26 AM
We just finished our third trip . This time to frisco woods in obx. Everything works! Life is good.

gregrc75
09-26-2012, 02:48 PM
Very nice unit! Enjoy!

chartrand
12-12-2012, 10:56 AM
Budget has delayed the purchase of my first TT until February. However the wait has lined me up now with the Mid-Year changes for the 2013 and they have improved the 22RBPR. It now includes slam-lock hatches (uniquely keyed to better secure your stuff), a new color scheme (I've heard they are moving away from painted units across the board) Bathroom plumbing is covered better. And my favorite is the new interior color scheme called Saddle, it's very very nice!!

The only thing it seems to be missing is the drawers under the dinette. They did add drawers to the Premier 32BHPR dinette, so you can bet I will be looking at those so see if a Modification can be done that looks like that.
Here is a photo of it, I know it's hard to see but the entire brown side of the dinette bench is a drawer.
http://www.lakeshore-rv.com/lakeshore-rv/productphotos/tDSC00240.JPG

Enjoy,

MISailor
12-12-2012, 01:12 PM
I'm glad to see Keystone is finally putting drawers in the dinnette. The first time I stepped inside our 19FBPR I knew that it would be one of my first mods. I've got all the pieces assembeled but I won't be able to install them until spring. I'll post pictures when I complete the project. I found that one of the standard cabinet door fronts in the 19FBPR covers the front face of the dinette seats perfectly, so I ordered a couple from Keystone and they will be used as the face of the drawers. I'm curious to know if the factory drawers will utilize all of the available space. Mine are about 20" wide, one is 42" deep and the other is a little shorter (38" due to the interference by the kitchen peninsula). Each has a removable partition in the middle to make two compartments.

chartrand
12-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Working with my dealer who is planning to talk with Keystone directly about making this modification at the factory. I'll keep everyone posted.

Pat

chartrand
01-22-2013, 04:18 PM
No modifications from the factory for drawers. Dealer is willing to put doors on them is all. Oh well...

JRTJH
01-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Our dinette came with doors, but no drawers. We went to WalMart, bought two of the underbed plastic storage containers. They fit the compartments and we just lift them on one end and slide them out the door. It would be "nicer" if we had drawers, but the containers work well and really take up less space than the drawers would. Don't give up and be discouraged because you can't get drawers, there's lots of ways to work around that limitation......

Scorn
02-13-2013, 06:47 PM
Budget has delayed the purchase of my first TT until February. However the wait has lined me up now with the Mid-Year changes for the 2013 and they have improved the 22RBPR. It now includes slam-lock hatches (uniquely keyed to better secure your stuff), a new color scheme (I've heard they are moving away from painted units across the board) Bathroom plumbing is covered better. And my favorite is the new interior color scheme called Saddle, it's very very nice!!

The only thing it seems to be missing is the drawers under the dinette. They did add drawers to the Premier 32BHPR dinette, so you can bet I will be looking at those so see if a Modification can be done that looks like that.
Here is a photo of it, I know it's hard to see but the entire brown side of the dinette bench is a drawer.
http://www.lakeshore-rv.com/lakeshore-rv/productphotos/tDSC00240.JPG

Enjoy,

Do you mean the two tone paint on the outside? I like the new one withthe saddle color as well. These campers are nice but the price is salty. My local dealer wants about $1,500 more than a dealer in the Detroit for one.

chartrand
02-13-2013, 07:52 PM
Yes, my understanding was Premier moved away from the painted units. I heard from one dealer if was because of delimitation from the different material used on the painted units. But I'm not so sure of this since they are now doing a painted version of the Bullet which comes out of the same factory.

Pat

chartrand
02-14-2013, 03:57 AM
I mentioned above that the slam latch's were uniquely keyed. That turns out to be wrong, however the key used for it is different than the one that is used for the more common style of latches. So the improved since of security is simply that there are not as many of these keys out there.

-Pat

Jim N Susan
04-30-2013, 04:35 PM
Bill, Do you have pictures of your modification? I would love to see them. I want to do the same to ours.

chartrand
04-30-2013, 04:39 PM
Bill, Do you have pictures of your modification? I would love to see them. I want to do the same to ours.

Bill posted the pictures in a different thread:
http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10772&highlight=drawers&page=2

Enjoy..

MISailor
04-30-2013, 04:51 PM
Bill posted the pictures in a different thread:
http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10772&highlight=drawers&page=2

Enjoy..

Wow! You're quick, chartrand. Thanks for jumping in.