PDA

View Full Version : BBQ mount

Jeebs79
05-21-2012, 05:47 PM
I have a 29RBK with the outdoors kitchen. The camper came with a grill mount that swings around from the rear end. We have a Webber BabyQ that we've used for a long time. Does anyone have any ideas on how to mount the Webber to the grill mount? I have a couple ideas but nothing very elegant. Thanks!!

fireidiot
05-21-2012, 08:29 PM
I made them put the grill in with the deal, but I think my Baby Q actually has more space. Let me know what you come up with, I may be doing the same thing. The other issue I need to check is, I think having 2 regulators (TT propane and Baby Q) will make for a very small flame on the Baby Q.

Jeebs79
05-22-2012, 05:57 PM
For this weekend we will use the new grill that came with the camper. I need to spend some quality time coming up with a solution for the babyQ. I may just get the collapsable cart and use instead of the grill mount. We'll see.

f6bits
05-22-2012, 06:49 PM
I don’t like the outdoor kitchens I see or the quick connect for the Weber because both put me under the awning which just seems like a bad place for a grill. I use a table and that gives me extra prep space.

pbryan
05-22-2012, 08:38 PM
I've got a Laredo... The grill that came with it was not very good... Left it on high for 15 min, and still couldn't get grill marks on a hot dog. I took the frame that attaches to the swing out bumper mount and attached a piece of plywood to it... I'm planning to put my small Weber on this "shelf" for a trip this weekend. My only concern is that it might be too high off the ground, since the RV grill sat down in the frame, and the Weber will be on top...

If my experiment fails, I'll probably go back to using a small folding table, like I did with my previous RV...

--Paul

fireidiot
06-07-2012, 07:37 PM
This mount issue has been on my mind quite a bit lately. I am working on a solution. Basically, it is going to involve making a bracket at the bottom of the existing vertical mount and attaching a shelf that will also have two arms that can be attached to the sides (without interfering with the Baby Q). This will allow the shelf to be removed when in transit.

Also, I am going to remove the regulator from the Baby Q and attach some quick connect fittings to it. This will allow me to connect to the trailer or use a bottle if needed.

I am NOT impressed with the "Flame King" I think the name should be changed to Flame Princess.

flc
06-07-2012, 08:11 PM
When I ordered my trailer last month I told them to just leave it off. The one that came on my old trailer has been sitting in the box out in the shed for over two years. The trailer came in yesterday and the bumper mount was on it. I'm just going to take it off and put it in the shed. I just personally prefer lump charcoal so I use that. Just my preference.

bgilsrud
06-10-2012, 10:40 AM
Any chance you want to sell on cheap? I would love the mount!

flc
06-10-2012, 11:01 AM
just sent you a PM.
Floyd

Bob Landry
06-10-2012, 11:40 AM
I made them put the grill in with the deal, but I think my Baby Q actually has more space. Let me know what you come up with, I may be doing the same thing. The other issue I need to check is, I think having 2 regulators (TT propane and Baby Q) will make for a very small flame on the Baby Q.

You'll need to remove the regulator on the Baby Q and put a Quick Connect on it. Make up a propane hose with the QC fitting that will connect, use the QC gas outlet on the trailer and enjoy your burgers. Keystone uses Fairview gas fittings. You'll have to use bushings, etc to match the hose to the grill QC but those are available at any hardware stores. Use gas approved connectors. Air compressor fittings from Home Depot won't work. You don't have to stand out in the sun to cook on the Baby Q. You'll never get a flare up and even if you do, the awning is way out of reach. But, if you're paranoid about it, the Baby Q sits fine on a folding TV snack tray

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_40194_0_7f20107e6889e090f6072b74ba752afb.jpg

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_40194_1_7ab3b72ce8e54f437c241b88a035ea75.jpg

Bob Landry
06-10-2012, 11:43 AM

You'll need to remove the regulator on the Baby Q and put a Quick Connect on it. Make up a propane hose with the QC fitting that will connect, use the QC gas outlet on the trailer and enjoy your burgers. Keystone uses Fairview gas fittings. You'll have to use bushings, etc to match the hose to the grill QC but those are available at any hardware stores. Use gas approved connectors and yellow thread tape on the NPT fittings. Air compressor fittings from Home Depot won't work.

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_40195_0_7f20107e6889e090f6072b74ba752afb.jpg

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_40195_1_7ab3b72ce8e54f437c241b88a035ea75.jpg

fireidiot
06-10-2012, 04:57 PM
You'll need to remove the regulator on the Baby Q and put a Quick Connect on it. Make up a propane hose with the QC fitting that will connect, use the QC gas outlet on the trailer and enjoy your burgers. Keystone uses Fairview gas fittings. You'll have to use bushings, etc to match the hose to the grill QC but those are available at any hardware stores. Use gas approved connectors. Air compressor fittings from Home Depot won't work. You don't have to stand out in the sun to cook on the Baby Q. You'll never get a flare up and even if you do, the awning is way out of reach. But, if you're paranoid about it, the Baby Q sits fine on a folding TV snack tray

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_40237_0_7f20107e6889e090f6072b74ba752afb.jpg

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_40237_1_7ab3b72ce8e54f437c241b88a035ea75.jpg

Bob,

Do you get a decent flame out of your grill while hooked to the camper propane? I have heard two different stories of low flame or extremly high flame.

I am getting ready to convert the Baby Q this week and was curious.

Thanks,
Chris

ams
06-11-2012, 02:39 PM
What size is the baby Q ? In Canada I see #s'-100-220?
What does the original mount look like? I have the bumper mount, but the Aussie grill I have looks to mount on the side of trailer with a rail system???

fireidiot
06-11-2012, 03:03 PM
What size is the baby Q ? In Canada I see #s'-100-220?
What does the original mount look like? I have the bumper mount, but the Aussie grill I have looks to mount on the side of trailer with a rail system???

The Baby Q is also known as the 100 series.

What mount are you speaking of? The Weber doesn't come with any type of a mount, it's a table top. Unless you buy one of Weber's collapse able carts.

AlCorr
06-13-2012, 06:38 AM
I have the Weber Q 220 series (220 series comes with a temperature gage)and made a hose to connect to the quick connect on the trailer but I never removed the regulator off the grill, seems to work just fine to me. I get the temperature up to 500 with no problem, I don't like to cook that high, 350-400 is good.

ams
06-14-2012, 08:32 AM
I gave up on the bumper mount & bought a Q200 ( added the temp gauge ) & the stand. Removing regulator was not hard.

Jseverence
06-18-2012, 09:18 PM
I use the separate cart that is made for the baby Q. Keeps any possible smoke from getting into the trailer, the negative is that I have a spare 20 lbs propane bottle to provide gas to the Q.

AlCorr
06-20-2012, 05:07 AM
This is the best place to order parts.

http://www.grillparts.com/weber/Q200.asp

AlCorr
06-25-2012, 06:52 AM
I have the Weber Q 220 series (220 series comes with a temperature gage)and made a hose to connect to the quick connect on the trailer but I never removed the regulator off the grill, seems to work just fine to me. I get the temperature up to 500 with no problem, I don't like to cook that high, 350-400 is good.

:banghead:Looks like I'm going to eat crow on this one:banghead:. For the first time, this past weekend, I used my Weber Q alone with the quick connect hose that I always used on my last 5'er with no problems, and yes, I couldn't cook anything. I had extremely low flame, the wind kept putting it out. Looks like I'll be removing the regulator on my Weber.

AlCorr
06-25-2012, 12:02 PM

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_41772_0_7f20107e6889e090f6072b74ba752afb.jpg

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_41772_1_7ab3b72ce8e54f437c241b88a035ea75.jpg

Bob,
Do you know what size tread fits into the Weber after you removed the regulator? Was it a 9/16 in. - 18 MPT LEFT HAND? Do you have a link where you got the fittings?

gmtech1
07-09-2012, 09:24 AM
went out for first time with new trailer used the grill the only concern is the side of the camper gets really hot,don't know if i should keep using it,possibly causing damage to the side of the trailer plus there are decals in that location.Has anyone used them for a long period of time.

Rico'sRide
07-09-2012, 12:39 PM
This is the best place to order parts.

http://www.grillparts.com/weber/Q200.asp

If you buy this hose http://www.grillparts.com/weber/Q200.asp?product_id=41455 you don't have to make any modifications. One end attches to the fitting you would attach the small bottle to and the other to the tank. Lowe's carries them also, about $18

bigbirdtx
08-02-2012, 07:55 PM
:banghead:Looks like I'm going to eat crow on this one:banghead:. For the first time, this past weekend, I used my Weber Q alone with the quick connect hose that I always used on my last 5'er with no problems, and yes, I couldn't cook anything. I had extremely low flame, the wind kept putting it out. Looks like I'll be removing the regulator on my Weber.
Wonder if your old FW had a high pressure line that you were hooking into?

Tunagrande
01-18-2014, 04:17 PM
I wasn't impressed with the grille that came with my new 300RB either.
Ended up replacing it with a stainless steel Sportsman from Lowe's.
Other than the gas line changes, I use a pair of "T" hinges bolted to the BBQ mount and bolts and wingnuts to attach the grille.
If anyone wants more info, yell and I'll post pictures.

JRTJH
01-18-2014, 04:51 PM
Other than the gas line changes, I use a pair of "T" hinges bolted to the BBQ mount and bolts and wingnuts to attach the grille.

Post the pictures, there's always someone looking for a better way, maybe your pictures will inspire even further innovation.....

PT RV`er
01-19-2014, 04:05 AM
I did like a few others have done. I removed the grill mount and use a Weber Q with the collapsible table. I wasn't to thrilled to be standing in the back of the rig grilling. I bring a small smoker with me as well so I like to set up my outdoor kitchen close the front door. The grill mount actually was in my way for my bike rack. And I use the Auzzie grill at my house in another outdoor set up.

zuley
01-19-2014, 02:57 PM
Jeeze guys, I had been using my Sea-B-Que from my boating days on our previous camper. New camper last summer came with the swing out bumper mounted bracket and the 39 dollar China made que included with the deal. Was going to immediately adapt the SBQ to the new bracket. Was hoping to be able to use the old bracket that held the que to the back of the boat and mcgivor it to the new bracket. For whatever reason tried out the new que and loved it. As cheap as it is it gives off a great heat and works well. Can't see it lastting any more than a year or two but in the mean time we are quite happy with it.

JRTJH
01-19-2014, 03:15 PM
Same with us, Zuley. I was concerned that the Aussie grill that was standard with our Cougar would be a problem since so many were complaining about low temps, blowouts, not cooking properly. We tried ours, the first 30 minutes or so it stunk like new paint (to be expected), and when I checked the temp was about 600-650. I thought, OK, lets try this. I let it cool, oiled the grills and sprayed the inside with PAM. Lit it, in about 3 or 4 minutes it was over 600, I put a couple of steaks on it, seared them, turned the grill down because it was too hot. It cooked them with no complaints. So far, everything we've tried from potatoes to chicken, pork and beef it's been OK. Maybe not as great as the $1000 monster on our back deck, but certainly good enough to enjoy.

I did relocate the propane quick disconnect. It was on the road side, under the trailer about 18", I extended about 1 foot, put a 90* elbow on it and ran it to the curb side with 1/2" black iron pipe. Now the QD is right beside the grill just in front of the rear bumper. Much easier than crawling under the trailer to connect the "almost too short" propane line.

Like you, I'm satisfied with it "for what it is" :)

Cubby
01-28-2014, 05:19 PM
Post the photos. Looking for some ideas.

CHIEF MK
02-21-2014, 04:28 PM
I must be easy to please, because or Aussie grill that came with our 23RB works like a champ. The trailer came with the bumper mounted grill rack on the right side of the trailer, and the gas valve comes out the back on the right side.

The grill is not under the canopy in no way,and the back wall of the trailer doesn't get hot, and I honestly don't know how it ever could unless the grill caught on fire.

We've used it probably 10 times , and although it is small. it's about perfect for the 2 of us. Last week cooked up some nice T-bones a and some jalapeno bread. The DW made up a salad, and we were living high on the hog.