PDA

View Full Version : 325 SRX Added sleeping space

old racer
05-12-2012, 07:03 PM
Would like to add a futon or ????? in the garage area to accomodate more sleeping area when our Children and their Spouses are able to come along. Have also thought about an inflatable air mattress. Wanting something comfortable for them and looks good too. (Actually, I'll probobly be the one sleeping there!!!):bdance: Interested in any of your ideas. Thanks in advance.

matandjen
05-13-2012, 05:52 AM
I personally hate futons. I do not sleep well on them and most of the time I can feel the frame underneath since the matresses are so thin.

I would just go grab a nice queen size Air Matress for weekend guests. They are not that expensive and are pretty comfortable. They are also nice for RVs since they store in a small amount of space

LittleJoe
05-13-2012, 07:38 AM
We have a queen size inflatable mattress that is about 2 feet or more off floor when inflated and has a built in 120V inflator/deflator that fits the bill quite nicely and was not too expensive. Very convenient for occasional times when a little extra comfortable sleeping quarters are needed.

Maxzd
05-13-2012, 10:12 PM
I bought two Camping Cots that fit on each side of the garage. Had two pieces of foam cut to same size and had a cover sewn as a slipcover. Up off the ground, then those who stay with us put there stuff underneath. Walkway down the middle, and room for a small table or stand. I use out Rubbermaid 3 step ladder. Lightweight, and easy store even if I have my garage full with toys..

On one Recent trip I set just the one up. It was nice to have created a man cave watched Tv on a rainy day. I did also buy a queen air mattress but the reviews on the cots by guests and me are pretty good.. Maybe if I find a base to raise the mattress off the ground if we had guests for more than a weekend..

dave-g
05-14-2012, 05:17 PM
I picked up a futon at walmart for $100. We use it when family camping and my oldest son sleeps on it. It also makes the garage a great tv room on those rainy days.

old racer
05-15-2012, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the replys everyone!!