PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Time Around

Ruffus
01-05-2010, 03:40 AM
Hello to all. We've been out of the RV world for about Ten years. Our last adventure was with a 90 Ford Ranger pulling an 18.5 ft Yukon Fifth wheel for 200,000 Miles. Now we are looking at retirement and full timing for at least a year. Just purchased a low mileage 06 SB CC F250 TD. We are headed for the Florida Super RV show in two weeks with high hopes and espectations. I have a lot of questions and hope for feed back.
Ruffus (Jim & Sharon B.)

Festus2
01-05-2010, 02:37 PM
Welcome to the Forum Jim and Sharon! Flyguy has an excellent PDI guide which you will find useful and you can download it from his website. He will, I am sure, come on here soon and give you specific instructions on how to access his website. If he doesnt, let me know and I can give you directions. This document will give you a valuable tool and checklist if you are buying an RV. Feel free to ask all the questions you want - I am sure you will get lots of feedback from our members - some of whom are full-timers.

hankpage
01-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Hello to all. We've been out of the RV world for about Ten years. Our last adventure was with a 90 Ford Ranger pulling an 18.5 ft Yukon Fifth wheel for 200,000 Miles. Now we are looking at retirement and full timing for at least a year. Just purchased a low mileage 06 SB CC F250 TD. We are headed for the Florida Super RV show in two weeks with high hopes and espectations. I have a lot of questions and hope for feed back.
Ruffus (Jim & Sharon B.)

Ruffus, Welcome to the forum and welcome back to the RVing community. I have always towed with a long bed truck so I have no first hand knowledge of slider hitches that many people say are necessary with a short bed. I do know that my 07 Cougar came with an extended pin-box and rounded nose that gives much more clearance than older 5ers. You can see what I'm talking about in my signature photo below. I'm sure that someone with a SB and slider can jump in and be of more help. They say that Fla. show is a good one but be sure you get what YOU want and don't make any hasty decisions. Good luck, Hank

K&Gs3400RL
01-05-2010, 06:43 PM
I have a 04 Ram Short Bed with a slider hitch and I rarely use the slider. With that said tho I wouldent own a short bed without it. It has helped on several accasions when backing into a tight spot.

George

Flyguy
01-09-2010, 06:21 AM
You can find the PDI form here: http://eaa1358.com/Passport/Pre-Delivery%20Inspection%20Checklist.pdf Welcome to the forum.