PDA

View Full Version : Dollywood and Pets

Ruffus
04-25-2012, 11:34 AM
Has anyone been to Dollywood and taken your dog. Looking for nice campground and place to board the Pup during the day. I know there is a Doggywood and has anyone used it? Going the end of May!:bdance:

azlee56
04-25-2012, 12:05 PM
I know there is a KOA right off the Freeway right by Sevierville TN, and Dollyworld is right up the road. My son and his wife stayed there for a bit while house hunting. Not sure about where to put you pup for a day. Staying in your RV won't work?

I had so much fun at Dollywood with my grand daughter

Alpinecummin
04-27-2012, 06:41 AM
We go to Sevierville often and stay at the River Plantation. It is just a few miles from Dollywood. I believe the rate is somewhere around $32.00 for a river site. We are going to be there this Sunday and stay until the following Monday. As for your dog, I can't help you there. We leave ours in the camper when we have to leave. If you call the campground at 865.429.5267 (I have them in speed dial), they might be able to tell you where to bored your dog. If you decide to make reservations at River Plantation call at least a month ahead. They are always full!

azlee56
04-27-2012, 06:47 AM
If you get a chance go eat at Sissy's. I love that little cafe!

Ruffus
04-27-2012, 02:23 PM
Thank you for the info on where to camp at Dollywood area. Will probably board the dog at Doggywood. Haven't left him alone that long in the trailer and he's still a puppy. Will check out the River Plantation as well as Sissy's.:bdance:

CincyGus
04-27-2012, 03:48 PM
I know there was a dog sitter/boarding place in Gatlinburg but not sure about near Dollywood. Might try typing dog boarding and the zip code for dollywood in google. I've done that before for parks to find one and usually they will show in the search results if there is one with a website. Also may try vet with the zip code as many vets board animals.

Good luck in your search.