PDA

View Full Version : Water Pump troubles....

DEW
04-23-2012, 05:41 PM
After de-winterizing the TT I seem to have run into a small problem. Wondering if you can help out....

I used the city water fill port and got everything running ok including the hot water tank. Then I filled the fresh water tank 1/2 full. Turned on the pump and it would not 'prime' or pressurize. Since I was unsure if I had the pump still in bypass, I flipped the bypass knob and still nothing....
Before giving up I grabbed a small container and had some water in it. I tried to prime the pump using the bypass hose and still nothing.

All of this worked fine as i winterized the trailer by sucking the anti-freeze thru the bypass hose. I assume this will have put anti-freeze in the pump.

Any ideas on what might be the problem?

Paul Norwood
04-23-2012, 06:07 PM
I also had trouble getting my pump to pump anti-freeze when getting ready for winter and the trouble was the filter screen was clogged on my water pump. I assume since you have a similar trailer as mine our water pumps may be the same. Check the filter screen but also check all hose clamps that are on the lines going to the water pump, if they are loose it will suck air and not prime.

chuck&gail
04-23-2012, 06:30 PM
If water heater is not bypassed it takes a long time to fill it with the pump. Just thought I'd mention that in case.....

bartletts
04-24-2012, 08:31 AM
Is the pump making noise, or is it silent? If it makes noise but nothing comes out, either the diaphragm in the pump is ruptured or the check valve between it and the rest of the system is bad, or it is sucking air from a loose or broken fitting. Diaphragm pumps don't need to be primed.
If it is silent, it isn't starting. Did you open the tap before you turned on the pump to release the pressure built up in the water lines by the city water? Usually the city water is higher pressure than the pump water, so if the pressure downstream of the pump is high it won't start. Sometimes a sharp blow to the pump body will get it started if it is being reticent.

DEW
04-24-2012, 05:07 PM
Pump is making noise so it is running. I guess I can check the clamps and other suggestions noted above tomorrow night after work.