PDA

View Full Version : First Dewinterizing

chris199
04-20-2012, 11:09 PM
We are set to pull out the Passport from storage sor some trips in May. (Can't wait for our new Cougar....those dreaded RV shows got us to upgrade..:)

Need to dewinterize the TT. Didn't want to just drain the anitfreeze and let it run down the driveway and into the storm drain. Do you usually capture it all and pour down a tub or toilet in the house?

We don't dry camp....do we just flush the system with fresh water or do we disinfect the whole system. (Have the procedure for that if that's the way to go.)

Was thinking we would flush during first night's trip when we have a sewer connection but if we need to disinfect...don't want to be in the unit while bleach is in the system. Cant't handle the smell of bleacch for long....don't ask me why has been a sensitizer since I was 18 or 20.

2011 keystone
04-21-2012, 05:34 AM
I dont think RV antifreeze will hurt anything if you just let it run down the driveway. But I read some where that if you can catch most of you can reuse it next year and hey at near 5$ a gallon save what you can.:thumbsup:

Balldome
04-21-2012, 05:59 AM
Careful it will kill your grass.

hankaye
04-21-2012, 07:48 AM
chris199, Howdy;

Just a few questions.......;

When are you taking possesion of your new RV?

Why de-winterize if it's going to be soon?

Leave it winterized and let the dealer deal with it when they sell it.

hankaye

chris199
04-21-2012, 09:19 AM
We are away 3 weekends in May. We were hoping to use the new rig but it won't be here until sometime in May (hoping)....could slip into June. We were told it will be built in May...takes a week or two to transport.

SLIMSHADIE
04-21-2012, 01:59 PM
Chris it will kill your grass, dont ask me how i know. I actually catch it and re-use it for the next year for the drain traps. I only had about 3/4 of a gallon in the system.