PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new lower rear bunk

SmittysRV
04-13-2012, 02:49 PM
We just bought a new Raptor 4014 Velocity and love it. The only thing I want to change is the lower bunk in the garage. It came with the large U shape couch and table that has cup holders. I'm looking to get the lower bunk that folds up to the sides ad makes a bench like set up. Where can these different bunks be purchased? Here is what I have now if anyone is interested. Thx!

Vidorcom
04-13-2012, 08:17 PM
What interior do you have?

SmittysRV
04-15-2012, 07:49 PM
not sure, the window sticker indicates Eclipse Decor, is this what you are asking for?

campingcpl
04-16-2012, 12:30 PM
We just bought a new Raptor 4014 Velocity and love it. The only thing I want to change is the lower bunk in the garage. It came with the large U shape couch and table that has cup holders. I'm looking to get the lower bunk that folds up to the sides ad makes a bench like set up. Where can these different bunks be purchased? Here is what I have now if anyone is interested. Thx!

Is this what you are looking for?
http://www.factoryrvsurplus.com/products.php?product_id=1984

SmittysRV
04-16-2012, 06:14 PM
Is this what you are looking for?
http://www.factoryrvsurplus.com/products.php?product_id=1984

almost, what I need is the bottom bunk that makes into two couches that you can put a table in between. I will try to find a pic and post it up here. Thx for lookin out. :thumbsup:

campingcpl
04-17-2012, 08:41 AM
almost, what I need is the bottom bunk that makes into two couches that you can put a table in between. I will try to find a pic and post it up here. Thx for lookin out. :thumbsup:

Your welcome, glad to help. Ok, maybe this is more what you are looking for? Look at the bottom of the web page. The only thing is I don't know if you can order different fabric colors through this company.
http://www.blazinbelltech.com/furniture.html

SmittysRV
04-17-2012, 04:15 PM

I'm still not sure that is what im looking for. Here are a few pics I what I want...

campingcpl
04-18-2012, 07:07 AM
I'm still not sure that is what im looking for. Here are a few pics I what I want...

I think what you are looking for would require a different style of electric lift system then what you currently have with the u-shaped dinette. I know now what you want to be able to do is raise the bunk fold down the sofa's and raise them up to the bottom of the bunk so the sofa's wouldn't be up against the wall when stored. Am I correct?

SmittysRV
04-18-2012, 09:04 AM
the photos i posted are what im looking for. My buddy has this set up in his and the lift system (hapijack) looks exactly like what I have. Im going to Mike Thompson's tomorrow and will take a closer look at the Raptor 4014 there that has the bottom bunk that im talking about (Pictured). Maybe I need to call Keystone regaring this? If I get now where at the dealership I guess I will go that route. thx again for the help.

SmittysRV
04-20-2012, 12:51 PM

This is the lower style bunk I'm looking for. It sill folds down to a bed and then folds up like this so you can walk from the garage to the rear patio. When folded down as a bed it can then be raised up with the top bunk flush up against the ceiling. I asked the dealer today to see about changing mine out.

campingcpl
04-23-2012, 08:27 AM
This is the lower style bunk I'm looking for. It sill folds down to a bed and then folds up like this so you can walk from the garage to the rear patio. When folded down as a bed it can then be raised up with the top bunk flush up against the ceiling. I asked the dealer today to see about changing mine out.

Yep I figured that is what you was looking for. Happijak is the manufacture of the lift systems and are supplied to the builders by Lippert. A buddy of mine does purchasing for an rv manufacture and he said they are not all that cheap when I asked him about them.

SmittysRV
04-23-2012, 01:43 PM
Yep I figured that is what you was looking for. Happijak is the manufacture of the lift systems and are supplied to the builders by Lippert. A buddy of mine does purchasing for an rv manufacture and he said they are not all that cheap when I asked him about them.

campingcpl, as far as i know the lift system in my Raptor is a Happijak by Lippert. Can your buddy verify whether this is true or not? and maybe gimme a price on a new lower bunk / bench? Thx

campingcpl
04-24-2012, 06:59 AM
campingcpl, as far as i know the lift system in my Raptor is a Happijak by Lippert. Can your buddy verify whether this is true or not? and maybe gimme a price on a new lower bunk / bench? Thx

More then likely yours is a Happijac system that is supplied by lippert. That is what the large majority of the toy hauler builders are using here in northern Indiana. I'm assuming that the rails that lift your bunk don't go all the way to the floor on your current set up. The style you are looking for will have rails that go to the floor. The complete frame work with motor you are looking at is about $1500.00+ and if you add the sofas to that you are looking at somewhere in the price of $2000.00+ not including shipping. Here is a site that offers the complete frame and motor assembly and is offering free shipping.
http://www.myrvpartsplacestore.com/Happijac-Electric-Bed-Lift--Double-Bunk--Free-Shipping_p_120.html
You might want to try and contact Happijac's customer service and see if maybe you could just replace the rails to accommodate adding the sofa's. That might be a cheaper solution. I hope this helps you out.
Here is Happijac's customer service contact web sit.
http://www.happijac.com/index.php/services/contact-us

SmittysRV
04-24-2012, 12:37 PM
Thx for all your help. I just looked and mine come down just as far as this one does with the bottom bunk I want...

campingcpl
04-25-2012, 06:57 AM
I would think that if you talk to Happijac that they might be able to tell you what parts you would need to convert it then. Maybe all you need is the new sofa brackets and the new sofa's? And I'm sure you could talk to your local dealer about getting the sofa's. :thumbsup: Good luck and I hope it all works out good! Glad I could help.

howdy
04-26-2012, 11:12 AM
That seems to be the popular style to go to now days. I first saw it used over a year ago with the Cyclones and we really liked it better than the picnic table style that was being used in the Fuzions and the Voltages. I now see that it must be a popular choice as the new Fuzions and Voltages are starting to use it. Or it could be that since they are all owned by Thor now its makes sense money wise to just have to purchase the one style than have 4 brands using 3 different configurations.

The only thing I don't like about the Fuzion/Voltage set up is the cheap fold up table being used. I still like the aluminum legs that fit into the floor the cyclone uses. Though the fold up table would be easier to store vs 3 poles and a table top.

SmittysRV
04-26-2012, 03:48 PM
That seems to be the popular style to go to now days. I first saw it used over a year ago with the Cyclones and we really liked it better than the picnic table style that was being used in the Fuzions and the Voltages. I now see that it must be a popular choice as the new Fuzions and Voltages are starting to use it. Or it could be that since they are all owned by Thor now its makes sense money wise to just have to purchase the one style than have 4 brands using 3 different configurations.

The only thing I don't like about the Fuzion/Voltage set up is the cheap fold up table being used. I still like the aluminum legs that fit into the floor the cyclone uses. Though the fold up table would be easier to store vs 3 poles and a table top.

Are you talking about the U couch is being used more now or the bench style? I want to sell my U couch and get the bench style so when the lower bunk is down I can walk threw to the rear patio area that my Raptor Velocity has. Makes no sence that they put the U couch in there:confused:

As far as I know Fuzion is made by Keystone and Voltage is made by Dutchmen... I could be wrong and everything is made by Thor:eek:

howdy
04-26-2012, 07:02 PM
Are you talking about the U couch is being used more now or the bench style? I want to sell my U couch and get the bench style so when the lower bunk is down I can walk threw to the rear patio area that my Raptor Velocity has. Makes no sence that they put the U couch in there:confused:

The opposing bench style seems to be the hot thing going now. The U shaped couch seems to the the least desirable of the 3 configurations.

As far as I know Fuzion is made by Keystone and Voltage is made by Dutchmen... I could be wrong and everything is made by Thor:eek:

Well Thor is the parent company of Keystone, Dutchman, and last year bought Heartland. So in one sense Fuzion, Raptor, Voltage, Rubicon, Cyclone, Road Warrior, and Torque are all now made by the same company.

SmittysRV
04-26-2012, 07:23 PM
Copy that!!!

SmittysRV
05-02-2012, 06:50 PM
Well I finally got some info from Keystone. I can definitely put the split sofas in my Raptor. I do need new adaptors and obviously the lower slip sofas. The bad part is the cost,,,,,,, holy cow :dizzy:, I was quoted $800 a side plus $200 for brackets. Yikes!!:eek:!

campingcpl
05-03-2012, 08:24 AM
That would be about in line with the prices I gave you.

SmittysRV
05-03-2012, 08:05 PM
Ya pretty steep! I may have to find someone who wants a U couch and work a trade or sell mine. Th again for all the info!

rjones
09-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Spent most of a day doing research to do the same thing to my Fuzion. You can buy the brakets from Happijac but not the sofas. The sofas are made by LCI. They won't sell retail. They have a new division that is looking at creating a package for me. It will include sofas and the Happijac brakcets. They are going to get back to me next week. Stay tuned. I think a lot of owners would like to do this if it is not too expensive. The dealer and Keystone were NOT helpful.:(

SmittysRV
09-07-2012, 06:04 PM
Spent most of a day doing research to do the same thing to my Fuzion. You can buy the brakets from Happijac but not the sofas. The sofas are made by LCI. They won't sell retail. They have a new division that is looking at creating a package for me. It will include sofas and the Happijac brakcets. They are going to get back to me next week. Stay tuned. I think a lot of owners would like to do this if it is not too expensive. The dealer and Keystone were NOT helpful.:(

Awesome news!! I was quoted $1800 from the dealer to do this (Mike Thompson RV).

720Deere
09-09-2012, 07:12 AM
Isn't it interesting how much they want to rip you off on just the parts. The entire double bunk system was only a $2000 option on the Fuzion that I have on order yet they want to charge you nearly that amount for less than half of the system and no labor.

Similarly, I was interested in the rear awning over the garage door but did not want the full patio package as I feel it would be in the way more than it would be useful and the price is a little outrageous. I was talking to another Fuzion owner who was having the dealer install just the awning on their new unit. She informed me that there is a steel brace added in the wall for the awning and I should see if Keystone could add that so I can add the awning myself later. When I inquired about this, the response I got was we can install the awning now for $695. I was shocked as it cost these people almost $800 for just the parts and the dealer charged them another $200 to install.

It really does pay to get all the options you may want from the factory and not add them later, but in your case you have no choice but to retrofit since this specific option wasn't available when your unit was built.

riceman
09-09-2012, 11:50 AM
Smitty,
I think I might have what your looking for. We just purchased a 2013 Raptor 381LEV and our "toy" won't fit with the bench seats, so we took them out. They are Twilight in color (black). If interested, message me and let me know.
Thanks!

SmittysRV
09-19-2012, 06:22 AM

Any new info regarding this? I’m eagerly waiting, well apparently not eagerly enough as I missed riceman's lower bunk, dang it!!!!!!!!!!!! My thread and I fell asleep at the wheel :yawn::(

SmittysRV
09-19-2012, 06:26 AM
I still have this lower U shaped bunk that we have removed from the Raptor and it waiting for a new home.. Lemme know if someone is interested in it.. (tx)!!

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_50733_0_80a6b911cd2a8dc4d19be201908cfea9.jpg

rjones
11-02-2012, 10:15 AM
I ordered and installed the middle trollies on my happijac system to accomidate the new sofas. I am waiting for the sofas I ordered from a division of LCI (Mobile Outfitters). I have created an installation power point instructions for installing the trollies. If anyone is interested I have contact info and part numbers. I am trying to sell the u-couch system if somebody is interested.

Send me a PM for further information.

Htfiremedic
11-02-2012, 11:56 AM
We have the Fuzion TEII. Looke at the brochure for it. It has a "picnic table" which seats 8

Htfiremedic
11-25-2012, 07:16 PM
@Smitty's
We have the picnic table style, how much for the "U" shaped and will it make a queen bed? DW is concerned about our youngest rolling off of the back of the bed!
you can PM me if u wish.

SmittysRV
11-25-2012, 08:06 PM
@Smitty's
We have the picnic table style, how much for the "U" shaped and will it make a queen bed? DW is concerned about our youngest rolling off of the back of the bed!
you can PM me if u wish.

PM was sent!!!

crash
11-26-2012, 04:28 AM
Our 2012 384pk has that same set up that you are looking for.

SmittysRV
11-26-2012, 07:16 AM
Are you wanting a U shape set up?

dds6286
01-03-2013, 11:39 AM
Has anyone come up with a reasonable priced bench setup? I also have a picnic table setup from my 2012 Fuzion. Want to change to benches.

Whitehouse
01-04-2013, 09:44 AM
I might be interested in your U shaped setup as long as it fits a 2009 380LEV Raptor. Oh & the DW wants it instead

T11ravis
01-04-2013, 04:56 PM
Are you guys switching out the U sofa for the benches so you can walk between them or is there something else?

SmittysRV
01-06-2013, 06:06 PM
I might be interested in your U shaped setup as long as it fits a 2009 380LEV Raptor. Oh & the DW wants it instead

Lemme know. What do you have in there now?

SmittysRV
01-06-2013, 06:07 PM
Are you guys switching out the U sofa for the benches so you can walk between them or is there something else?

I only want the bench set up because of the rear patio, we want to be able to walk between the inside and the patio.. U are correct!!!

crash
01-07-2013, 04:25 AM
Our dogs love running from the back patio to the side patio that we have,They get outside time and they are not up under our feet when we are outside.

T11ravis
01-07-2013, 05:01 AM
I only want the bench set up because of the rear patio, we want to be able to walk between the inside and the patio.. U are correct!!!

Ahhh, hadn't thought of that.
Wonder why they (Keystone) would do a patio with the U sofa. :confused:

SmittysRV
01-07-2013, 05:30 AM
Ahhh, hadn't thought of that.
Wonder why they (Keystone) would do a patio with the U sofa. :confused:

Exactly my question???!!!??? I was told that the Velocity package has some of the upgraded stuff and the U sofa was part of it. Go figure?!?!?

SmittysRV
05-07-2013, 09:32 AM
Well we had a major problem with the rear bunks in our Raptor 4014. We had returned home from a trip and I removed several items from the garage area and everything was fine. A few days later I opened the rear garage door to remove and clean all the toys and noticed the bunks were down. The lower bunk was completely destroyed and was smashing our Polaris RZR XP 900 and both kids’ bikes. I attempted to raise the bunks with the switch and got a clicking noise. The bunks appeared to be smashing the toys down and not just sitting on them. The chains were intact and very tight. As I was prying the lower bunk in order to remove it the motor engaged in the downward motion as I released some tension. The motor was apparently stuck in the downward position and continued to smash the toys. I immediately ran around the side and removed the battery cut off switch and the motor stopped. After a few hours of struggling with the removal of the lower bunk the toys were eventually removed. The top bunk did not hit anything as it stopped in its normal down position which is about 4 feet off the ground.

A call was made to Keystone to say the least. We are not happy campers with Keystone at this point…..