PDA

View Full Version : First Time Thrills

chipjohns
03-31-2012, 02:51 PM
Hi all,

We took the trailer out for the first time, (our first night ever spent in a travel trailer,) and had a blast. I didn't get it leveled quite right, as i haven't bought what i needed to level it properly, but it worked out. I understood what the problem was so when we got home today I hit the forum and learned EVERYTHING on leveling my TT. I'm so glad I waited to get anything. After experiencing the issue firsthand I can relate to all of the suggestions and choose one that I think will be best for me..

I waited until I got to the campsite to put together the grille and other stuff and it worked out great. (The campground is only 30 min from where I live so I felt comfortable doing this.

Getting electric, water, sewer, etc set up no problem. Did make sure to position the trailer so the slideout had room... forgot to check the other side, so i coundn't drop the awning, only one night, so no big deal.

Got everything put back together this morning, and made it home safe and sound.

Wahoo......!

Englishman
03-31-2012, 03:04 PM
sounds like you had fun. It gets easier with each trip. "bouncey:

Hunter757
04-01-2012, 06:57 AM
Congrats, you will be an old pro in no time!! It does get better with time.

Happy Camping :thumbsup:

game warden
04-01-2012, 07:54 AM
Sounds like it was alot of fun and a bit of a learning experience too. It does get easier the more you go and you will also find you need less than what you packed ...but it is a learning curve.

msp2jxr
04-01-2012, 07:57 AM
Won't be long and YOU will be teaching others... Glad you had fun... Thanks for sharing your trip with us... Jay and Lori

rhagfo
04-24-2012, 07:39 PM
Hi all,

We took the trailer out for the first time, (our first night ever spent in a travel trailer,) and had a blast. I didn't get it leveled quite right, as i haven't bought what i needed to level it properly, but it worked out. I understood what the problem was so when we got home today I hit the forum and learned EVERYTHING on leveling my TT. I'm so glad I waited to get anything. After experiencing the issue firsthand I can relate to all of the suggestions and choose one that I think will be best for me..

I waited until I got to the campsite to put together the grille and other stuff and it worked out great. (The campground is only 30 min from where I live so I felt comfortable doing this.

Getting electric, water, sewer, etc set up no problem. Did make sure to position the trailer so the slideout had room... forgot to check the other side, so i coundn't drop the awning, only one night, so no big deal.

Got everything put back together this morning, and made it home safe and sound.

Wahoo......!

that is the best way to start!

One night no mistake is going to ruin a one nigher! I found that we learned a lot out that first night!

Hope you have many more great nights.

Halibutman214
04-25-2012, 05:16 AM
Glad everything worked well for you. I couldn't help notice in your sig you have your TT as a BH19. I didn't know they made a BH in the 19 and I couldn't find anything on the Keystone site. How are the bunks layed out on there?