PDA

View Full Version : 325 SRX Tie Downs

old racer
03-27-2012, 05:21 PM
Thought I would post a few pictures of the tiedowns we added to our 325 to transportour bike. Two of the pics. show where the aluminum anchor points are. The tie down rails are anchortrax purchased from JP Cycles. The wheel chock is removable however, I did not want to stumble over the plate so it is strapped down using ratchet straps. As the bike is pulled forward, the chock stays in place. PM me if you would like to see more pics.

smiller
03-27-2012, 05:51 PM
Nice system, thanks for the hints.

That's a heavy bike, wondering how you get it up the ramp... just ride it up, or..?

old racer
03-27-2012, 06:21 PM
Yes, just ride it up. As long as the trailer is on the level it is not a problem.

Harley Hauler
03-28-2012, 06:40 AM
Nice idea on the wheel chock I was wondering how I was going to put one in without drilling more holes. But just wondering you didn't like the tie down places they had in there?

kyaber
03-28-2012, 05:37 PM
Do you leave the tracks down after the bike is pulled out?

Thanks

Ken

old racer
03-29-2012, 04:55 PM
Nice idea on the wheel chock I was wondering how I was going to put one in without drilling more holes. But just wondering you didn't like the tie down places they had in there?

The aluminum runners are quite thin. I liked the idea of spreading the tension out over a larger area rather than within the small area at each d ring. Also keeps the straps in closer to the bike. (More free space)

old racer
03-29-2012, 04:56 PM
Do you leave the tracks down after the bike is pulled out?

Thanks

Ken

Yes, the tracks stay in place. Tie down rings snap in and out of place.

Kanuk
04-04-2012, 05:23 PM
System looks great, my roadglideultra should fit in fine, thanks for the tip.