PDA

View Full Version : Axles on 2009 raptor 300mp

mpd2001
03-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Me and the misses picked up our 09 raptor. Looks great and cant wait to use it. We plan on a trip to Texas in three weeks. Since we got the trailer used I want to pull the wheels and check the brakes and pack the bearings. Does anyone know who makes the axles so I can order the seals and I would like to know what I have incase I need brake parts, Thanks

SteveC7010
03-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Me and the misses picked up our 09 raptor. Looks great and cant wait to use it. We plan on a trip to Texas in three weeks. Since we got the trailer used I want to pull the wheels and check the brakes and pack the bearings. Does anyone know who makes the axles so I can order the seals and I would like to know what I have incase I need brake parts, Thanks

Hard to know long distance. They could be Dexters, Lipperts, or Al-Ko's.

If the build sheet is still with the trailer among the manuals and such, it should tell what manufacturer and model axles you have. Otherwise, you will have to inspect them to be sure. The manufacturer and model should be on the axles somewhere.

rjsurfer
03-09-2012, 05:28 AM
While your at it tighten up the spring shackles they are prone to loosen up causing the axles to shift when driving.

Ask me how I know...

Ron W.

KenBob
03-09-2012, 06:04 AM
Dexter axles are marked in the center of the axle on the side facing the rear. Crawling under the RV is needed, but you can inspect everything else while there.;) Look at the suspension equalizers as well (the triangle between the axles) there may be a mfr mark. Our 360 has Dexter axles with Dexter equalizers which are marked.