PDA

View Full Version : Tire Problems.

espfire
11-21-2009, 04:13 PM
I own a 2005 Copper Canyon. I have had problems with the tires peeling and thrashing my unit. I have read from DOT that the Mission tires that yaer were not made correctly . Has anybody had this problem

Festus2
11-21-2009, 04:45 PM
This forum along with others, has had numerous members express concerns about the tires that were supplied by Keystone and other manufacturers. Mission tires are often included in that group of poor quality tires. Many members have consequently replaced their Mission tires with other brands. You can do a tire search on this forum for past threads about your concern and you will find plenty of posts. You will find brands of tires that have been recommended and are now being used instead of the Missions.
It might also be worthwhile to have your alignment and suspension sytem checked as well to make sure that the tire wear is not being caused by something other than the tire. Correct pressure and balancing are also things you should keep a close eye on.

espfire
11-21-2009, 07:28 PM
I do understand about the alignment, but peeling three tire in less the 3000 miles. But i will look at the site you recommended . Thnaks

hoffbrew
12-02-2009, 09:37 AM
You can read my thread on these tires, BUT I highly recommended that you always check tire pressure and lug torque for sure. I was told by an older rv'r that this is critical. It takes about 10 min to do all and a nice peace of mind. I check my trailer before it hits the pavement every time.