PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Raptor 3612DS

jtouchette
11-09-2009, 07:33 AM
We have a 2008 Raptor 3612DS, This thing has had more problems that Obama! One thing after the other after the next. The latest, ALL THREE AXLES are misaligned, tires are ballooning, before that, the gas tank fill neck had to be replaced and the area inside the unit had to be sealed...again! Gas fumes internally were horrendous!
Batteries went dead within 5 months, bed in the front slider tore away. (BTW) those little glider things that you use to move furniture worked GREAT!)
Let's see, oh yea!, I installed the second air conditioner only to find out that it was covering the A/C duct in the B/R about 30% (BAD engineering by Keystone).
I found the refrigerator light lying on the shelf all broken and dangling by the wires! Try to find a direct replacement for this, NOT!
THE LIST GOES ON AND ON AND ON! IS KEYSTONE EVEN LISTENING, NO!
Am i the only one that is experiencing these things on the 3612DS? Before we bought, people only had good things say about this particular unit, were they liars or is it only me?

Thanks for reading, I feel a little better but my wallet doesn't $$$$$$

Festus2
11-09-2009, 03:05 PM
Not sure whether or not you purchased your RV new or used but if you are not the original owner, perhaps the battery might have been on its last legs at the time of purchase or wasn't being charged properly????? Again, the broken fridge light --- was it already broken when you bought it?

It is possible that the people who you spoke to about this RV were very satisfied with it and they were being truthful about their comments. I am certain if they were not happy with their 3612DS they would have told you.

On the other hand, some owners of all models have had issues with tires, alignment and other suspension problems. Some members have also reported that the ductwork on the A/C has been a problem. There are posts here outlining steps that members have taken to address these issues. It might be helpful to you to have a look at what other members have done about tires, suspension and the A/C ductwork.

If any other membes have some recommendations for you to help you address these problems you are having, I am sure you will hear from them.

jtouchette
11-10-2009, 07:32 AM
We did,in fact, buy the unit new. I've only describe 1/2 of the problems that we have encountered with this unit. I am trying to resolve it with Keystone but don't hold out much hope! Yesterday, at a cost of $1,000.00, all three axles had to be removed, the mounts removed,replaced and re-welded in correct alignment with the frame. Every bearing race had to be replaced and I also had to purchase a NEW....Triangle Tire 235/80 R16 Load rating E...FYI Triangle Tires are MADE IN CHINA!
I appreciate your comments greatly, however it would take an act of Congress to make me buy another Keystone unit.

hoffbrew
11-29-2009, 09:17 AM
Sorry to hear all your problems, I am on my second Keystone Product and have had my share of minor problems, but my warranty has covered my issues. It does not matter what brand you buy, new or used, other people with other mfg have issues too.
I have had my issues with my Raptor, I purchased the extended warranty and has been great. From my experience it is the dealer that adds to the problem! Paul Everts her in Fresno, CA is the worst period! Find the right dealer, it makes it a lot better.

On the central coast in California = Trailer Hitch.
Central Valley in California = Freedom RV.

chiconwheels
03-04-2010, 09:23 AM
I had this posted in a different section, but I thought you would like to know...

We have a 2009 Keystone Raptor 361LEV. We have had it for a year. Here is our list:
At 3 days old our 16 foot slide fell out and bounced back in. Our dealer "fixed it". Not really. So, we left it and they tried and tried again. We hold our breath everytime we use it. I spoke with Keystone and asked for a new slide, and they said no. They would repair the bracket underneath. WE asked about the subfloor that was ripped, the way the rv shakes when it comes in, and that it doesn't close flush. They said it was fixed. I battled over that one for a month at least and lost.
What else... the fuel station motor seized, the rear jack motor seized, the steps had to welded, the fireplace doesn't work properly, all of the running lights corroded because they are not marine grade but dry (copper on steel ball connectors), awning motor seized, awning closes crooked, and more, but for the best one...
We were on the road and looked in the mirror and the rv looked like it was leaning to one side, so we pulled over and looked under the rig. My hubby said a shackle was broken and the spring was sittingon the frame. We had just passed an rv place which happened to be a keystone dealer. So they came out and looked at it with my hubby and they saw SIX of the shackles were rusted and broken. The holes had egged out in shape and broke. You know it is bad when the dealer says, " you are lucky to be alive!!!!!". The springs completely broke free of the equalizers leaving the springs barely sitting on the frame and the middle axle was just floating.It could have come loose causing one of many possible fatal endings. Now the frame is severly gauged. The dealer said it would take 6 days at least to get parts, and we were stuck in their lot. Now what? My hubby and I went to a welder close in our truck (left the trailer at the dealer) and had temporary shackles made. They were a bandaid fix. So now that we are home, we went to our local dealer, and they said that Keystone said no problem they will replace the shackles. They would also reimburse us for our tire because the tires were touching, and also the money we put out for the "bandaid fix". We took them pictures of the now damaged frame, the shackles, the springs and more.

Here is the thing... Keystone fought us tooth and nail about our slide and everything else, but now they are jumping to help us. Why? Liability issue maybe? It is only a year old. The other thing... the dealer erased our pictures off of our USB stick. hmmm. Thank goodness we have copies.

Anyone have any ideas on what we can do? WE don't trust the unit at all. If we were to trade it in, we would take a huge hit financially and that doesn't seem fair to us. This trade would not be by choice.

I asked Keystone for a replacement unit before for all of our other problems, and they returned my call within 20 minutes with an answer to my request. No! Should we ask again? Should we call a lawyer? Isn't this product liability?

Any help would be wonderful!

chiconwheels
03-04-2010, 12:07 PM
NOw Keystone denied everything!!!

MightyMike
03-04-2010, 09:26 PM
So did they give a reason for this about face? They have to have some
explanation for agreeing to repair it then changing their mind. By the way, is your dealer involved in any of this or are you dealing directly with Keystone?

chiconwheels
03-05-2010, 06:03 AM
Our dealer is involved. The dealer called yesterday to tell us the claim was denied because the shackles are wearable parts and should be checked when the bushings are packed. I asked where in the manual did it say that they are wearable parts like brake pads are listed and I received no answer. They did tell me where to find the answer as to how often we are to pack the bushings... 6 monthe/ 6000 miles. But no where does it mention anything about the shackles. How is the average person who knows nothing about when to do maintenance and what maintenance to do, know to look at the shackles. When I buy a car it is laid out for me.
So we have had the unit a year, the first two months we did not have it because we were "trying" to get Keystone to fix our large slide that fell out on day 3 of ownership. That is a whole other issue. So our unit has been in the shope for probably 3 months total in a year.

Our dealer was originally the person who said they got the implied message that it would be covered by a supervisor at Keystone. The dealer says well Keystone said to take pictures of everything, send in any receipts we had to pay, and send it in as they do for everything. Sorry, it is denied. I said "Didn't you tell me or imply that it would be covered". The dealer said, "I was told to follow normal procedures". I repeated myself and the dealer admitted that they had the same impression at the beginning and turned around and told/implied that it would be covered. Keystone in the past has fought us and tried to do the bare minimum for a repair. It is frustrating that no one wants to step up and do the right thing.

The shackles are a grade of steel that is only 3/16in thick that one could make themselves. It is so thin. Most people I have found (too late) replace the shackles with Dexter or they double up on the shackles with a longer bolt. Doesn't seem right to me that the consumer had to make changes on a new product to be safe.

Again how am I supposed to know to check them or replace them. Have they heard of Marketing Liability of the NHTSA?

mattdillon
08-11-2010, 10:30 AM
They are ALL crooks. Every last one of them. It's frustrating. I think what people have to do is forum and learn how to fix these things or get a real mechanic to fix them, who would charge a fair price for service. I'm close to retirement and I think what I might do is find out how to fix these things and start up a legitmate business in repairing RV's or get people like electricians, mechanics, plumbers, carpenters and such to fix these things. Maybe it's not possibe for a full time job, but part time retiremnt job?!

hoffbrew
08-11-2010, 10:42 AM
Send me your info when you open!!! As many little problems I hear and see, this would be a good idea. As we all know, the crooks.... I mean dealers, are a pain to deal with, hourly rates and the time your unit sits there. Someone with a little knowledge could make this work .... mobile repair????