PDA

View Full Version : Heater and Awning

roll300
11-06-2009, 07:56 PM
Thanks, I had it last weekend. I use a electric heat that is UL approved with tip over protection. The rear ½ bath is nice our son really nice. I saw the thread about the inboard heater, so I am going to check that out. So far everything has work like it should, I do like the electric awing I am not sure how much wind it will with stand. :D

Festus2
11-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Not sure how much experience you have had with awnings but I think it is always a good idea to:
1) put the awning down if you are leaving the campground for any length of time. Winds have a habit of coming up when you are away picking up groceries or off sightseeing.

I quite often put our awning down at night. Having been awakened at 3 am in the morning too many times before I finally smartened up and lowered it in the evening.

2) secure the awning supports with tie downs and anchors if you are concerned about leaving the campsite and unsure if the wind may come up.

Depending on the wind direction and velocity, the large area of an awning can trap a lot of moving air and exert considerable pressure on the support system.

Glad to hear that everything seems to be working out for you so far.