PDA

View Full Version : Potential Full Timer

alrfetting77
01-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Hi, my name is Adam. (pause and wait for everyone to say "hi adam") I'm considering becoming a full timer. Any suggestions?

mikell
01-09-2012, 03:48 PM
Your reason for fulltiming and where do you plan on being for a extended period

Festus2
01-09-2012, 04:09 PM
I just Googled "full-timing in RV" and found plenty of sites, some of which are forums dedicated to full-timers, and others which discuss pros and cons, factors to consider, and so-on. There are some full-timers on here but if I were in your situation, I would find out as much as I could from as many web-based sources as possible. There are enough resources out there to give you plenty of suggestions which should help you.
If lucky, you might be able to talk in-person with someone who had adopted this lifestyle and pick their brains.
Oh, and by the way, "Hi, Adam and welcome to the forum"!

michael
06-09-2012, 02:45 PM
I guess i am about 3 months into the full time gig and the wife and i are enjoying it, We will be in our Sprinter until November,

Then do to the fact we live in Wisconsin, And well lets say we camped in March here this year when the weather was 29 degrees at night the furnace got a workout,

We are happy with our sprinter but maybe we just might trade it in for a fifth wheel,
Our trailer is 34 and a half feet with the hitch but 29 ft interior,

The frontroom and kitchen layout is fine but we feel the extra hitch space would make some nice bedroom space, So we shall see just maybe santa will bring us a 36ft 5ver.

But if not the sprinter is awsome and i really do love the space i have in the pickup bed :D

hankaye
06-09-2012, 03:27 PM
alrfetting77, Howdy;

Adam, Welcome.

Full timing is ... pause while I think of a unique term ...
an experience. One after another... after another ,,, etc ...........;)

There is a group of folks down near Hot Springs that are geared twords the working side of Fulltiming, should that interest you ??? Their name is
'Workampers' they have a forum and pester you to buy their 'stuff'...
Not my cup-a-tea but may be yours.

As far as the 'living' side goes depends where you are going to "Winter and Summer". That will determine if you might need skirting, extra insulation, and any number of things to be ready for what Mother Nature has in store.

Please let us know some of your ideas of where you are planning to settel (or hop around), Give us something to work with and we can chip in and help out.

hankaye

mikell
06-10-2012, 03:44 PM
Make sure you get a unit with a heat pump instead of a standard AC unit. I'm fulltiming in Michigan and last years mild winter we didn't even use 100 lbs of propane. The heat pump worked well down to 30 or less depending on the humidity