PDA

View Full Version : Cougar Remote - Question b4 problem?

Camp I am
12-30-2011, 06:43 AM
I don't have a problem with my cougar remote yet but I'm thinking I may have come spring. Since I removed the battery from the 5vr for the winter will I have the match the remote to the 5vrs electronics when I put the battery back in the 5vr? If I remember correctly there is a button on the circuit board thats inside the front compartment I push. What I don't recall is there one also on the remote to put it in a learn mode?

Jim W
12-30-2011, 07:28 AM
No; you should not have any issues with the remote come spring time. I have removed my battery for the last three years when in storage for the winter and never had to reprogram or relearn the remote control device for the slides.
I also make sure all of the interior batteries such as smoke detectors are removed and the remotes are stored in my house in the winter months also.
Jim W.

Camp I am
12-30-2011, 07:36 AM
No; you should not have any issues with the remote come spring time. I have removed my battery for the last three years when in storage for the winter and never had to reprogram or relearn the remote control device for the slides.
I also make sure all of the interior batteries such as smoke detectors are removed and the remotes are stored in my house in the winter months also.
Jim W.

I do the same and put fresh batteries in the alarms every spring. This is my first winter with the Cougar remote though, so I wasn't sure about that.

Thanks for your reply :thumbsup:

Devildogmom
03-01-2012, 03:22 PM
:( The remote is one with a LCD screen. The LCD readout works okay, but when we try to move the slides it doesn't work. I replaced the battery to no avail.

Has anyone else had this problem? :confused:

66ken
03-01-2012, 03:39 PM
You can find directions on Lipperts web site to program the remote to the brain box. I have done it, and it isn't very difficult. I just received a new remote from Lippert, so I am sure I will have to program it again.

Devildogmom
03-01-2012, 06:13 PM
You can find directions on Lipperts web site to program the remote to the brain box. I have done it, and it isn't very difficult. I just received a new remote from Lippert, so I am sure I will have to program it again.

I tried to follow their instructions, but it didn't work. I sent them an email for help. :confused:

Devildogmom
03-03-2012, 09:38 PM

So, Ken, can you tell me where the brain is in the 327RES?:confused:

jje1960
03-04-2012, 02:43 AM
So, Ken, can you tell me where the brain is in the 327RES?:confused:

Not sure on the 327RES, however ours is in the front compartment, looking at the unit from the front, on the left hand (drivers) side. If I remember right there is an antenna wire coming off from it, should not be that hard to find. Hope this helps.

66ken
03-04-2012, 03:37 AM
Not sure on the 327RES, however ours is in the front compartment, looking at the unit from the front, on the left hand (drivers) side. If I remember right there is an antenna wire coming off from it, should not be that hard to find. Hope this helps.

It is the same location on the 327RES. Mounted on the wall above the battery box.

SteveC7010
03-04-2012, 06:15 AM
It is the same location on the 327RES. Mounted on the wall above the battery box.

For others that read this thread in the future, the brain/control box for the remote system pretty much has to be located very near the battery because of the large current draw that it handles. In 5'er's that means you will find the brain in the front compartment with the landing gear and batteries 99.9% of the time.