PDA

View Full Version : Auto Leveling System Install on 331MKS

jbsmith
12-13-2011, 03:18 PM
I've been researching possible installation of the Lippert Components, Inc. "Level Up" auto leveling system on my new 2012 Keystone Cougar 331MKS. Does anyone have any experience (good/bad/indifferent) with Level Up?

The product catalog advertises a complete retrofit and replacement of the electric powered landing gear with a six-point hydraulic lift/leveling kit. The system is pretty expensive at just shy of $4K.

One thing I was always told was to never lift the wheels/axles off the ground. I'm curious how these auto leveling systems deal with this, unless they only take the load off of the leaf springs, leaving the wheels and axles in contact with the surface.

mhs4771
12-13-2011, 04:23 PM
All depends on how level the site is to begin with. We've had the wheels on one side 4 or 5 inches off the ground because the site wasn't even close to level. I've had the unit in a shop for NYS Inspection and lifted all four wheels off the floor so the brakes could be checked. It's a great system and lets you eliminate carrying a lumber yard around with you. I still have a few 10"x12"x2" pieces for those really unlevel sites where you need a little extra lift on the jacks as you still only have so much travel/stroke in the jacks.

hwhtech
12-13-2011, 06:52 PM
New Montana's and the Big Skys come with these and they're awesome. Becareful leveling the unit out as the front end nose dives and then levels out. As far as taking the tires off the ground i havent seen one do that yet they seem to just take some tension off the springs. Good luck with your purchase!

mhs4771
12-14-2011, 09:29 AM
Here is an example of the curb side wheels off the ground because of the slope of the site:

jbsmith
12-14-2011, 03:51 PM
I got an e-mail back from Lippert with the complete installation price, $4800. I was told by my local RV dealer that the system has to be installed by Lippert. The closest location to me is their headquarters in Goshen, Indiana. We'll probably wait until spring since we're just about ready to throw the cover on for the winter.

mhs4771
12-14-2011, 05:10 PM
JB, that's not to bad a drive. We came down from Goshen to Buck Creek State Park at the end of Sept. Would have been a nicer drive if it wasn't for the on again off again rain all the way. If you go for the Level-Up System you will love it. Sure makes set-ups a lot easier.