PDA

View Full Version : Cable loop for TV ?

Camp I am
12-01-2011, 05:09 PM
Found this short cable loop behind my LCD TV in our 5th wheel 327RES. Since it's extra labor and stuff to do this there's got to be a good reason why they make this short loop of cable. Anyone know?

Out of the wall, back into the wall, then out again to the TV :dizzy:

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_24192_0_180e1457bf21fcc609e9b40eacc1ca30.jpg

SteveC7010
12-01-2011, 05:31 PM
Did you check to see if the cable just loops from one unit to the other behind the wall?

If it does, then it probably is there so that you can hook up cable or satellite and bypass the amplifier that is in the unit on the right in your pic. Remove the patch cord, and move the tv cord from the amp to the panel on the left.

The Winegard amplifiers interfere with cable and satellite signals. Thus the connections are there to bypass it.

mhs4771
12-01-2011, 05:34 PM
If it's like my Montana, if you hook-up a portable sat dish, you can connect to the outside connection, pull that jumper and attach from one of those connections (probably the bottom, but no guarantee) to the sat rcvr. Saves routing a cable from the dish through a window. But if you're using a park cable, you need the jumper to route the park sig to the splitter in the ant amp box to supply the cable sig to bedroom and living room TVs. Creates the problem that only one type of sig can be used, sat or park cable.

Camp I am
12-02-2011, 05:11 AM
This makes sense now. Thank you :thumbsup:

byrdr1
12-02-2011, 06:27 AM
This makes sense now. Thank you :thumbsup:
Just used mine this past week. Jumper is so you can connect satelite receiver to the(In my case) the top port. I then disconnect the cable from the TV and reconnected it to the Satelite receiver. I have heard that you can run a cable from receiver back to the bottom port and have the receiver/signal work in other areas if you can get the channel changer(remote) to signal.
randy
PS I labeled mine satelite in on the top one and signal in on the bottom one.

slewis95407
12-03-2011, 06:46 AM
Camp I Am

On my unit a 326MKS one connector comes from the satilite in, in the waterworks area and the other connector comes from the storage basement curbside.