PDA

View Full Version : Dirt Devil central vac

Ironryders
11-09-2011, 10:22 PM
This has been an awesome forum. It has helped a lot when we decided on our 5er. We just love our 2012 Raptor Velocity 365LEV TH. So far just a few bugs. One particularly pesky one, the Dirt Devil does not vac but instead sucks the dust bag in as if it is wired backward. Any ideas? The dealer says could be wired backwards or may need to replace the Vac, depends on who I get on the phone.

SteveC7010
11-10-2011, 02:21 AM
This has been an awesome forum. It has helped a lot when we decided on our 5er. We just love our 2012 Raptor Velocity 365LEV TH. So far just a few bugs. One particularly pesky one, the Dirt Devil does not vac but instead sucks the dust bag in as if it is wired backward. Any ideas? The dealer says could be wired backwards or may need to replace the Vac, depends on who I get on the phone.

You'd probably have better luck contacting Dirt Devil Customer Assistance. Unlike your dealer, they should actually know something about their product.

My experience with RV dealers and some of the non-RV items installed in these units has been that the dealers don't really know much about these things. They are more likely to just replace them, either at Keystone's expense if under warranty, or at the customer's.

Ironryders
11-10-2011, 09:08 AM
Contacted Dirt Devil Customer Assistance as you suggested and talked with an engineer.
He said Dirt Devils will not run backwards. He said it sounded like the vacuum line was clogged. I attached the shop vac and you would not believe what came out of the line. Anyway, pesky problem solved. Thanks for the advice. DW now happy so I'm happy.

byrdr1
11-10-2011, 01:29 PM
Contacted Dirt Devil Customer Assistance as you suggested and talked with an engineer.
He said Dirt Devils will not run backwards. He said it sounded like the vacuum line was clogged. I attached the shop vac and you would not believe what came out of the line. Anyway, pesky problem solved. Thanks for the advice. DW now happy so I'm happy.
good customer service right there!