PDA

View Full Version : We did it

Ron
11-08-2011, 07:37 PM
We presently own a 327RES and love it but are wanting just a little more room and posted it FOR SALE here about a week ago. We were originally looking at the Alpine 3500RE then we ran into a new Montana floor plan they just started building the 3800RE.......WOW lots more room. We just placed the order today and can't wait to get it. We are leaving for AZ in January and hopefully we will have it for that trip. We got a great deal at Camping World in Meridian ID. The internet sales person there is great to work with and more than helpful, and also gave us a good trade in price for our 327.:thumbsup: Happy Campin............Ron

hankpage
11-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Congrats! I hope everything works out in time for your trip. :thumbsup: Hank

JRTJH
11-08-2011, 08:53 PM
HOLY SMOKOLIE !!! I just looked at the floorplan for the 3800. It's one great looking (and palacial) fifth wheel. Who'da thunk they would put a laundry room in a trailer <wink>

Awsome floorplan, I'm sure you'll enjoy the square dances on the main floor while doing laundry up above.....

Only one question.... How do you call living in that thing RV'ing???? It's as big as some houses <wink>

Hope you get it before the winter trip, that would be one heck of a way to "break it in" :)

Ron
11-08-2011, 11:48 PM
Thanks guys, I know we will be enjoying the new floor plan, similar as the 327 in the rear, but alot more kitchen and linen storage.The only thing that is bothering me is if gets here early enought to go south I will not be able to put water in the system until we get to warmer climate. So if there is a water leak, hopefully I will be able to fix it myself or find a Camping World on the way. One feature I think I will sure enjoy is the 6 point hydraulic automatic leveling system:thumbsup: Something that I have never had before, just like the motorhome leveling systems. Thanks again and Happy Campin..............Ron

JRTJH
11-09-2011, 09:53 AM
The trailer should come to you winterized with antifreeze in all the lines. You should be able to use the antifreeze bypass kit and pressurize the system with the hose in a gallon jug of antifreeze. If you leave the pump on, if it cycles, something leaks somewhere, if it doesn't cycle, then you're pretty safe in thinking no leaks from the city water input throughout the pressurized part of the system. All that wouldn't be checked that way would be the 2 fittings on the hot water heater, the outside shower hose/wand fitting and the water tank/supply line up to the pump.

Englishman
11-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Good luck with the trailer

byrdr1
11-09-2011, 12:20 PM
http://keystone-montana.com/index.php?page=floorplans&coast=&model=3800RE
pictures for the rest of us!

Festus2
11-09-2011, 01:36 PM
Ron:
Not sure how to break the news to you, but your forum membership is being re-evaluated. It seems that your new Montana exceeds our forum RV limitations as set out in our Forum guidelines and policies in the following areas:

1) RV Length: Maximum length allowed = 38ft. You are 3 inches too long.
2) RV Height: Maximum height allowed = 12'6". You are 3 inches too high
3) Fridge: Maximum doors allowed = 2. You have 4
4) Landing gear: Maximum landing points = 4. You have 6
Not only are you 2 over but also they are automatic and hydraulic as well.
5) Decadence: Your unit is beyond what is deemed "acceptable"
6) Luxury: Your unit is off our forum Luxury Scale.

After an investigation into your new acquisition and a thorough review of your membership is completed, we will send you a PM advising you of our decision.

(Breaking News...... the Committee has met and has issued the following statement...... "Do not covet thy neighbor's Montana. Enjoy all 38 ft 3 inches!!!!! " :bdance:)

hankpage
11-09-2011, 01:42 PM
Just for the record .... I abstained from that vote. "I will covet and I am green with envy." :D I think your slide outs have slide outs. Enjoy, Hank

Ron
11-09-2011, 04:39 PM
WOW thought I was booted for awhile, thanks guys I really didn't want to leave this great forum and all the great people on here......Wow thanks again.
If I ever get another trailer I will look at the guidelines next time and maybe even ask if the trailer is acceptable to all..ha Ya that bed slide is huge, the whole trailer really make it feel like home, that's what I have been look for. Trailer is quite heavy compared to the 327, but I think my little Freightliner will handle it:thumbsup: You guys are the best with the funny comments:rofl:wish I could come up with the things you guys do. Happy campin..........Ron

SAABDOCTOR
11-10-2011, 09:27 AM
EMMM CAMPER ENVY YEP! I WOULD BE CAREFULL THESE GUYS MY TIE YOU TO A TREE AND TAKE YOU NEW RIG. SEE WHAT HAPENS WHEN YOU GIVE THEM THE REAL ADRSS! ENJOY IT SHURE LOOKS NICE!:thumbsup:

Ron
11-10-2011, 04:33 PM
Thanks Saabdoctor, we are sure looking forward to it:thumbsup: Will let everyone know when we pick it up. Happy Campin .............Ron

mhs4771
11-11-2011, 04:44 PM
Ron, don't forget to stop over to the Montana Owners Forum (http://www.montanaowners.com/) and sign-up. A wealth of info from other Montana owners, and if you have a problem, someone probably has the answer. You'll love the Level-Up System, added it to our Montana last year and love the ease of set-up now, no more hauling around a small lumber yard. All the Best