PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Cougar High Country 321RES

pkemmerlin
10-18-2011, 06:36 AM
We are thinking about purchasing the 2012 Cougar High Country 321RES. We currently own a 2008 Hornet 30FKS. We will be pulling it with a 2010 Tundra 5.7 Liter. Does anyone have any good or bad experiences?

Festus2
10-18-2011, 06:54 AM
Antiqfreq wrote:

"Welcome to the forum!
I do not own that particular camper but I am sure others will chime in with their experiences."

Jo

heatkits
10-18-2011, 03:48 PM
It's the best towing trailer I ever pulled, tracks straight and easy to pull. I went from a 2010 Sprinter 297ERT to this and it was like night and day pulling it. I put the EZ-Flex system on my old unit and I thought it handle very well and towed it over 20K miles, however, the unit came stock with an Equa-Flex suspension system heavier axels, springs, wheels and the aerodynamic nose. What a difference! We reused our Reese DC hitch over, so there was no surprises there.

With the 297RET I would have to keep attentive to keep it up at 65mph, now I have keep attentive to keep it from creeping up over 70mph when I take my eyes off the speedo...

I had a hard panic stop last weekend and I was amazed how well it stopped.

The interior... Well, that will have to wait for another post, but let's just say, I'm impressed.

pkemmerlin
10-24-2011, 02:13 PM
I'm still on the fence about getting one. What are the issues with the interior?

heatkits
10-24-2011, 05:40 PM
Absolutely nothing wrong with it… I love the layout, the floor plan, the color scheme, it’s very well done. I didn’t mean to mislead you; I have lots of good things to say about it, but didn’t have time to type it all out.

The full size queen is great; unless you’re over 6’ tall you really can’t appreciate how nice it is. The shower is full size too, not some wimpy little “garden tub” with lots of room in the bathroom too. When you’re as big as I am, the extra space in the living room is great and very conformable.

I’m very happy with it.

pkemmerlin
10-25-2011, 11:07 AM
I currently own a 2008 Keystone Hornet 30 FKS and have been very satisfied with it. My husband had back surgery last year and I thought the automatic leveling jacks would be a big help to me. :) We first started looking at 5th Wheels and decided that wasn't the best option for the truck that we have. The floor plan is alot like the 5th Wheel that we looked at.

I have read some bad and some good reviews.