PDA

View Full Version : Slide out cover

mikenkel01
10-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Good Evening

We just bought a Passport 2650BH and are debating about getting a slide out cover. Any recommendations and guestimates on what they cost. Thanks

Ron
10-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Depending on the length, they should run between $500.00 to $700.00. On our fifth wheel we have three any I think they are darn sure worth the money. Not only keeping debris off the slide they also keep the sun from directly off the slide keeping the trailer a little cooler and also keeping any driving rain from getting in around the seals. The only thing that I have had problems with is the wind will flap the fabric, sound like it is going to tear off the trailer. To cure that problem, just take a cotton or nylon rope and go over the topper and under the slide and snug it down to the top of the slide. Hope this helps. Happy Campin.................Ron:wave:

mikenkel01
10-03-2011, 07:41 PM
Thanks Ron...

Festus2
10-03-2011, 08:05 PM
I would highly recommend purchasing a slide topper/cover ---- a very worthwhile investment. Prices vary depending upon the number and lengths of toppers you are planning to install and whether or not you can install it yourself.
Dometic and Carefree are two popular brands. Both have "deluxe" versions but the basic one does the job quite nicely. CW will gladly sell and install one or more for you.

Devildogmom
10-04-2011, 02:30 AM
I would highly recommend purchasing a slide topper/cover ---- a very worthwhile investment. Prices vary depending upon the number and lengths of toppers you are planning to install and whether or not you can install it yourself.
Dometic and Carefree are two popular brands. Both have "deluxe" versions but the basic one does the job quite nicely. CW will gladly sell and install one or more for you.

:thumbsup: We had three of them installed when we bought the new Cougar. Very well worth the money!:thumbsup:

DEW
10-04-2011, 04:12 PM
I had one installed on my new Laredo. It was $700 and $300 for install.
I worked it out with the dealer when I bought back in May. They paid for the topper, I paid installation. It was a great $300 investment.