PDA

View Full Version : counter tops

gbsb
10-02-2011, 05:46 PM
We have a 2010 Fuzion 383 Touring Edition 11. The counter tops are not Corion but are a Black and Silver material similar to Corion. Threw use they have gotten scratched up and being black it shows. What can be used to remove scratches? Thanks for any help George

vpilot
01-18-2012, 05:43 PM
Not sure it will work, but will not hurt. Try GO-JO hand cleaner. Make sure it is the cream type without the pumice (Gritty stuff).

Outbackmel
01-18-2012, 07:39 PM
I suggest you find out the "exact" material first and go from there. Call Keystone Customer service or a dealer. Then you can go to a web site such as www.ask.com type in your question and you will be referred to sites that can assist you in resolving your issue.

Certain countertop materials react in a manner which could actually remove scratches BUT dull the finish. ALWAYS try cleaning efforts in a non conspicous area.

Good luck!

LT. A.J.D.
01-18-2012, 08:34 PM
Great advice has been posted about how to deal with the scratches. I believe that most Keystone products are constructed using plastic laminates pressed together under high pressure. For those laminates the company states, ".....are highly resistent to normal spills and scuffs. Soap and lukewarm water or a mild, non-abrasve cleaner are reccomended. Aoid use of abrasive pads and scouring powders which can dull the surface and make it more stain prone....." I suspect if this type of countertop is scratched you may be out of luck.

In some units I believe they use what they call a solid surface composite countertop. For those Keystone says, " The solid surface composite countertops can be cleaned with soap and mild detergents which will remove most stains. DO NOTuse products containing bleach. Stubborn stains may require the use of a white Scotch Brite pad and a non-abrasive cleaner like Soft Scrub. Scratches may be removed carefully using a green Scotch Brite pad and an abrasive cleaner like AJAX or Comet. Cover an area large enough to blend the area needing repair using a circular motion while applying. Most defects in solid surface countertips can be repaired without replacement."

Sounds like once Keystone tells you which of the two types of countertops were installed in your unit, you will have a 50/50 shot at removing the scratches. Hope this helps and that you end up with a positive result without having to replace those countertops.:thumbsup:

Lt. AJD

gbsb
02-08-2012, 04:12 AM
Called dealer and they said countertops in our Fuzion are Corian even though they don't have the Corian label on them. Thanks for the replys . George

TheLadyFreedom
08-19-2012, 05:15 PM
Have you tried using the Mr. Clean sponges? Our's has Corian and SS sinks, and those sponges are fantastic- cleans everything from the great out home to whitewalls on Harleys!:D