PDA

View Full Version : 30 AMP (or 50) at home!

jq1031
09-25-2011, 04:15 PM
Living in Southwest Florida air conditioning is a must, house, car, RV. Upon returning from a trip most of us like to get the motor home, 5er, TT in the driveway for a clean out. We returned after 6 weeks at the end of July, the temp & humidity was sharing real high numbers & giving our Laredo a good cleaning & clean out, even using the genset that kept tripping was frustrating . I called a electrican to install a 30 AMP plug in my garage under the breaker box so when these hot situations arrise I can plug in & cool the RV. It cost me $95 & today I got my moneys worth as I brought it home, cleaned the whole inside while watching the Bills beat the Pats & drinking a few buds in the complete comfort of my air conditioned RV.....GO BILLS !!:bdance:

wozzukes
09-26-2011, 08:36 AM
We just finished trenching a 30amp line to our 5ver parked in our side yard. We are due with baby #2 in December so we have lost our "guest" bedroom in preparation and decided to dub the 5ver the "in-law" suite. They visited this past weekend and stayed in there with the a/c running and it worked out great. It also beats having an extension cord run across the yard that has to be moved every time you mow. We can already run a hose over there for water, but the sewer clean out is on the complete opposite side of the yard (about 200' or so away) with no way to get the trailer over there to dump, so we're still trying to figure out what to do about that one. We just told them to come in the house for any potty needs, which wouldn't have been a huge issue had we not had monsoon-like rains all day/night on Friday!

hankpage
09-26-2011, 08:57 AM
We just finished trenching a 30amp line to our 5ver parked in our side yard. We are due with baby #2 in December so we have lost our "guest" bedroom in preparation and decided to dub the 5ver the "in-law" suite. They visited this past weekend and stayed in there with the a/c running and it worked out great. It also beats having an extension cord run across the yard that has to be moved every time you mow. We can already run a hose over there for water, but the sewer clean out is on the complete opposite side of the yard (about 200' or so away) with no way to get the trailer over there to dump, so we're still trying to figure out what to do about that one. We just told them to come in the house for any potty needs, which wouldn't have been a huge issue had we not had monsoon-like rains all day/night on Friday!

I have the same problem and have been thinking about something similar to this http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/flojet-rv-waste-pump-kit/26125 Most have a limit to the distance they will pump.

smiller
09-26-2011, 02:49 PM
I have the same problem and have been thinking about something similar to this http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/flojet-rv-waste-pump-kit/26125 Most have a limit to the distance they will pump.I've seen mention of use out to 100' with no problem (as long as there is no great rise in elevation.) Not sure about 200' though, that seems to be getting up there.

jq1031
09-26-2011, 03:57 PM
I have the same problem and have been thinking about something similar to this http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/flojet-rv-waste-pump-kit/26125 Most have a limit to the distance they will pump.

Hank, I purchased the TANK BUDDY made by Sanicon. I had the box mount Sanicon installed in my motor home & used it for years without a problem. I purchased the Tank Buddy online, no tax, free shipping. I power it with a battery jump box, used it today (test, in the home sewer clean out), easy & worked like a charm at 30ft with the extention hose. Joe:bdance:

wozzukes
09-26-2011, 04:46 PM
I have been researching some macerator pumps, but all of them I have looked at say they pump "up to" 100'. I haven't measured the distance, so maybe it's not quite 200', but it is definitely over 100'. It would be a fairly flat run for most of the distance, with a downward slope as it got closer to the clean out. I just don't want to invest that kind of money to find that it doesn't pump the distance we need. We would love to park it on that side of the yard, but there's a creek, low power lines (coming in to our house) and some trees that make it just not possible. For the amount of time we have someone staying in it at the house it's just not worth it at this point.

cumminsdad08
09-26-2011, 05:08 PM
why couldn't you just use a one of the portable dump tanks, and pull it with a mower or something similar? i don't know much about house hold sewer, i just pull the leaver and drop the seat, so sorry if this is a dumb answer.

CarKath
09-26-2011, 06:00 PM
Living in Southwest Florida air conditioning is a must, house, car, RV. Upon returning from a trip most of us like to get the motor home, 5er, TT in the driveway for a clean out. We returned after 6 weeks at the end of July, the temp & humidity was sharing real high numbers & giving our Laredo a good cleaning & clean out, even using the genset that kept tripping was frustrating . I called a electrican to install a 30 AMP plug in my garage under the breaker box so when these hot situations arrise I can plug in & cool the RV. It cost me $95 & today I got my moneys worth as I brought it home, cleaned the whole inside while watching the Bills beat the Pats & drinking a few buds in the complete comfort of my air conditioned RV.....GO BILLS !!:bdance:

I was pondering doing the same thing. Just seemed like a good idea to have a 30 amp plug on the garage. It may cost me a few bucks as I will need to trench new line and upgrade amps out to garage.