PDA

View Full Version : New to this forum

kart77
09-14-2009, 05:41 PM
Hello everyone. I am one excited dude ! Just recently sold my 2007 keystone outback 23rs that i had bought new, and gave the tow vehicle ( 1999 f 150 4.8 lter ) to my 17 year old son. Then i went out and found my dream tow truck ...a 2003 dodge 2500-- 4 door --short wheelbase--5.9 cummins turbo diesel 4 x 4 . I bought this truck knowing that i would need it to tow my dream toy hauler ...which happens to be a 2010 keystone raptor 300mp ( i pick it up at the dealer on wednesday :).......

The truck gets GREAT fuel mileage which tickles me to death. ( 20 - 21 miles to a gallon in the city )...I did not buy it for good mileage, i bought it for the towing power i would need. Haven't yet towed the raptor, like i said, i pick it up on wednesday, but, i think i will be pleased with how it tows and hopefully the mileage i get while towing.

Anyways.... i found this forum and joined. thought it would be a good place to chat, exchange info, etc.....:D:D:

sbebenelli
09-14-2009, 06:09 PM
Welcome! Getting new trucks & RV's are fun times. :)

kart77
09-15-2009, 04:56 AM
sbebenelli ,

you are so right.......i am having a blast buying these items that i have wanted for a very long time.

Flyguy
09-15-2009, 06:06 AM
Welcome to the forum. Please look over the "Forum Rules" and to help you with a signature and photo, look in the "Forum Technical support" and then "Creating a Signature", also I have a PDI checklist that you can use for the pre delivery inspection at the dealer, don't just sign for the trailer and hand over the check, make sure that all is fine and in good working order before acceptance. For the PDI, click on "Flyguy" in the upper left of this post, a drop down menu will appear, then click on "visit flyguy's homepage", the checklist is about the middle of the page, right click on it and "save target as" to download it to your computer, print it out and take it with you and go through it with the dealer, if everything passes then and only then sign for the trailer, if you want to know what happens if you don't, just read through all the negative posts by people who didn't do this and now can't get the right time of day from their dealer! Don't let your excitement blind you to the facts (you dealer is counting on that) take your time and do it right. Welcome Again.

beemerguy
03-24-2010, 04:59 PM
I also just bought a Raptor 300MP and will be towing with a 2007 Dodge 3500 4WD Dually.Wish I got your milage. Take Flyguys advise, I have a few problems and hope to get them fixed the middle of April when I can un-winterize it.
One thing to check is to turn on the fan over the stove without the stove light on and see if the awning or back jacks try to move. Customer Relations says there is a problem in the 12volt connections. Also check the tops screws on the front & rear door closer, may be stripped.
Good luck, ron

bowengjr
03-26-2010, 11:47 AM
Congrats! on your raptor purchase. I am looking into purchasing a new 300mp! I am currently looking for any advice in this process. Have fun with your new raptor hope to be on board soon!