PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Outlets-Premier 28RL

Valover
08-29-2011, 02:15 PM
The outlets for the TV, both bedroom and living area, and the outlets by the chairs in the living area suddenly stopped working. The fuse is OK and the GFI is OK. We picked up the TT Thursday, Aug.25 and the outlets worked yesterday. We have not drilled holes anywhere, so no wires have been cut. We did remove the 19 inch TV that came with the TT, but have not installed another one; the dealer is not open because there is no power there at this time due to Irene. Any suggestions? :(

hankpage
08-29-2011, 02:42 PM
You may have two GFI circuits with resets on two different outlets. Fuses are for dc circuits, circuit breakers control ac power. Try turning breakers completely off then back to on. Some members have complained about the type of outlets used and the unreliable connections they create. Hope this helps, Hank

Valover
08-29-2011, 03:11 PM
We can't find a second GFI - from the looks of the schematic, there is only one. We tried shutting off the breakers and turning them back on - no luck. Thanks for the advice, though. We'll keep searching.

hankaye
08-29-2011, 06:27 PM
Valover, Howdy;

Ya got a schematic ................ :shock:

hankaye

hankpage
08-29-2011, 06:59 PM
We can't find a second GFI - from the looks of the schematic, there is only one. We tried shutting off the breakers and turning them back on - no luck. Thanks for the advice, though. We'll keep searching.

Check the exterior outlet and lavatory .......... Hankaye ... Please tell me that pun was intended. :thumbsup:

Valover
08-30-2011, 04:59 AM
Valover, Howdy;

hankaye

OK - not a real schematic; just the labels for the fuses. Couldn't think of a better word at the time. The only GFI outlet is in the bathroom. The exterior one is not a GFI outlet.

hankaye
08-31-2011, 11:47 AM
hankpage, Howdy;

Check the exterior outlet and lavatory .......... Hankaye ... Please tell me that pun was intended. :thumbsup:

Pun ... :confused:

:)
hankaye

hankpage
08-31-2011, 02:57 PM

I guess it was not intended.

Valover, It sounds to me as if the connection at one of the outlets has loosened or gone bad. It will have to be traced from the breaker back. Better leave it to the dealer for warranty coverage. JM2¢ Hank

camper 2010
08-31-2011, 03:38 PM
When did you unplug the 19" TV? the outlets are wired in series and one wire may have come loose at that time. Make sure the power is off, remove the outlet and check for any loose wires. If there is not one, do the same thing to the next outlet back to the fuse panel.