PDA

View Full Version : Florida State Parks

jq1031
08-14-2011, 10:21 AM
I just made a reservation for a campsite at Grayton Beach State Park in the Florida panhandle, as we are joining family & friends for a long week-end in November. Here is the interesting part. We booked for 6 nights at the listed rate for a full hook up 50 AMP site, concrete pad & padio, 40 ft length for $30.00 per night coming to $180.00 total. During the online reservation process I checked the Florida resident & senior citizen boxes, entered all the credit info & to my surprise I was given a 50% discount reducing my cost to $90 plus $10.35 tax. Apparently all Florida state parks have this policy for residents & seniors, so my cost per night for a site with all the bells & whistles comes to $16.73 per night. Thought I'd pass this info along, as even without the discount it's a good deal.:bdance::thumbsup:

antiqfreq
08-15-2011, 06:49 AM
Hi,

We are still Florida residents and so we have frequented their parks for many years. At least there is still a benefit to becoming a senior citizen.

Georgia state parks now has a RV club you can join and after 9 nights of camping you get the 10th free and there is no time limit and it doesn't have to be consecutive OR at the same park.

Jo