PDA

View Full Version : AC Blower Staying On

E597283
08-10-2011, 11:06 AM
I was camping this weekend and noticed at night the AC blower/fan not turning off. It had obviously reached the desired temperature and it appeared the fan remained on. The switch has 3 setting Fan, Cool, and Heat. It was set to cool which should turn off the fan once the desired temperature is reached. When I put my hand up to the vent it appeared almost at room temperature and that the AC wasn’t actually cooling any longer so I just turned it off. The next day when I needed AC again I could clearly tell it was pushing out cold air in order to drop the temperature so I know the AC is working. Any thoughts?

ksfis43
08-10-2011, 11:14 AM
You need to change the fan to "Auto" - It will run constantly if you have it set to "HI" or "LOW".
I had the same problem until I played around with the setting for a while

chain_dogg
08-10-2011, 12:19 PM
You need to change the fan to "Auto" - It will run constantly if you have it set to "HI" or "LOW".
I had the same problem until I played around with the setting for a while

X2:thumbsup:

therink
08-10-2011, 12:52 PM
I like the fan on all the time. It seems to help keep a/c temps more consistent throughout (no swings), especially when sleeping. I also run the a/c fan when the furnace is on for the same purpose.

azr405
08-10-2011, 02:35 PM
We have a 2011 327 Cougar and had the same thing. Just so happened that the tech from the dealership was in the trailer park and I asked him. He looked a bit baffled and then proceeded to tell me that is the way the new ones are. Did not like that answer to read the manual and switching the setting to Auto is the fix for sure. Called the tech and told him how to set the controls so that he is not giving out poor info. Works great now

E597283
08-11-2011, 07:18 AM
Thanks...I will check that setting